“My All Time Favorite Sushi Place!”

KOTO Japanese Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1,255 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“My All Time Favorite Sushi Place!”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Whenever I crave sushi, this is the place I go! The prices are reasonable, the food is tasty, and the service is superb! It is not much from the outside, but when you step into the restaurant you are greeted by swimming goldfish, Japanese decor, and a relaxing vibe. I have been eating at this restaurant for over eight years and have yet to have a negative experience. My friends and family enjoy it as well. I have yet to find a better overall sushi place in Houston.

• Visited November 2011

Garland, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid Like the Plague!”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I try to have sushi at least once when we travel. My husband has even learned to make it himself, so we have a pretty good idea of what constitutes good sushi. This was not it. I'm glad we like to order as we go because after the first two rolls, we called it quits. Not only did the eel roll smell fishy (and how can a cooked eel sushi roll smell fishy?), but the spicy tuna roll was anything but. Both the rolls were so loosely rolled that the pieces would fall apart the moment we picked them up. We should have realized it was a bad sign when we came in and the dining room smelled fishy. We're both incredibly happy we avoided anymore food and the potential for a night of gastrointestinal unpleasantness!

I'm giving it one star only because there is no half-star rating for the somewhat nicely decorated interior (marred by the now-ubiquitous TV screen).

• Visited July 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“is the best sushiiii xD!”
Reviewed 24 March 2008

is the best sushiiii xD!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook