“Tasty but pricey”

Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Houston, Texas
“Tasty but pricey”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I enjoyed the cake, German Chocolate, I had the other night. The slice was large and I ended up taking 2/3 of it home to eat later. I could feel the diabetes rush set in. The slice was 6.95. Next time I will opt for a cupcake so it is less food (sugar). I can't complain about the taste or the size. The coffee was good at this location as well. There is some outside seating and they do have a shelf of games you can play while slowly eating that large slice of cake :)

• Visited August 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was really looking forward to going to a place dedicated to desserts given I am a dessert lover. However, after trying the Lemon cupcake and the chocolate cake I was very disappointed.
The place is very cute and looks like a great place to hang out. There is a counter where you can look over the desserts and then order and take it back to your seat. I picked the lemon cupcake with curd filling and lemon icing. My husband picked the chocolate cake. Both were extremely dry. I could not figure out whether it was because they were stale or whether they were overcooked or just a very bad recipe. However, both items were dried out and we could not even eat them. The curd was missing entirely from the cupcake. We thought maybe we could use the frosting to help cover up with dryness but it did not work, frosting even crumbled. We did not eat and left. Sad but true. I would recommend avoiding this place unless you just want to get a cup of coffee and enjoy the environment. Also, it is primarily cakes not pies or other desserts.

Visited June 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“The ultimate dessert destination...”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

When travelling out of our "bubble" in The Woodlands for dinner, we always find ourselves skipping dessert at the restaurant and heading to the Dessert Gallery. Their cakes are simply decadent, with rich buttercream and moist cakes. My favorite is the French Vanilla, and my husband always goes back and forth between the Red Velvet and the Italian Cream. Sometimes we try their cookies and bars - they are just as wonderfully fresh and delicious.

This past visit, I was there to pick up 2 cakes for a birthday in our family: the first was The Chosen Cheesecake (the celebrant's favorite: strawberry cheesecake topped with white chocolate mousse) and, for the chocolate lovers in the family, Chocolate Vacherin (mile high chocolate mouse in a crisp and delicate meringue shell. Both are very impressive.

FYI, ALL of their desserts are impressive to look at so, if you are needing to bring a dessert for a dinner party, this is the place to go. I ordered mine directly from their website, where you can see photos of exactly what you'll get. And believe me, in this case, all items taste better than they look :)

• Visited May 2013
Lufkin, Texas, United States
“Great selection!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

This place is so yummy! My husband always gets the Toffeelicious, but I switch it up between vanilla, strawberry and lemon. They are all delicious! Plus, they have cupcakes, brownies, and cookies. The options are endless!

• Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Seating but food just OK”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I was disappointed with the choices and the cake I tried was a not as fresh as I would have wanted. The coffee was very good. To compete with other similar places like the Chocolate Bar this place has a long way to go.

Visited March 2013