“the only pies better are my grandpa's!”

Flying Saucer Pie Company
Ranked #21 of 94 Bakeries in Houston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My grandpa is 99 yo now, so he no longer makes pies - but when he owned his own cafe, he made them from scratch and they were renowned in downtown Ft Worth ... Flying Saucer Pies in Houston is the only place that captures that quality and comfort ... their variety of seasonal fresh pies will satisfy your craving!

Reviewed 24 November 2011

This was my fourth year in a row to puchase Thanksgiving pies. I usually go on Tuesday because the line is way too long on Wednesday. People stand in line all nite Tuesday waiting for the store to open on Wednesday AM.

The line on Tuesday afternoon was done the street and it took approximately 45 minutes to get inside. This was the first year they were sold out of several flavors which was a disappointment. Strawberry is the best followed by key lime....but if you want pecan - go to Goode Company....they have the best pecan pie!

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The family placed the request for me to venture out and procure pies from a Flying Saucer place in north Houston. I googled the location and planned to go as requested a couple days BEFORE Thanksgiving. I would leave mid morning after a nice breakfast, hot cup of Joe and relaxing read of the newspaper. NOT! My idea of the morning went out the window right after the flying saucer!

I had to report to line up no later than a military early 5 a.m.! YOWZA - I could not believe that half of Houston some even in the pajamas and slippers, groggy eyed with me were lined up for the pies.

Well Houston visitors....them thar R sume of da best pies this side of the big river! I would recommend picking some up if you are spending any length of time in Houston. They make them like my mother did and they are a great fall season item.

ENJOY!

Note: Take out only...no seating available and you buy the whole pie. So bring a fork and find a park afterwards if you are going to chow it down by yourself or take it home to family and friends.

Reviewed 22 June 2009

Flying Saucer has been here for about 40 years. They make great pies. My company is about a mile away and whenever one of our employees has a birthday, we let them choose two pies from Flying Saucer.

The most popular pies with our employees (including me), are the Strawberry Cream, Pecan, Coconut, Apple and Pineapple. During Thanksgiving, the line to Flying Saucer goes around the block waiting to pick up fresh Pecan or Pumpkin pies.

Nothing fancy, just good, fresh baked pies.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook