“oh yum !”

Flying Saucer Pie Company
Ranked #21 of 96 Bakeries in Houston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 15 May 2014

this is not a restaurant its a bakery of pies,thay sell one thing and that's pies .ive watch the cooking channel on tv,s unique sweets and nothing thay have shown can top this place,there so good that during the holidays thay have to hire a cop to direct traffic ,and the line on during that time is two blocks long.I know thay ask ask when I went there and why I go there when ever I can.

1  Thank Robert D

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I don't know if it's me or them, but something has changed. We have been going for years and getting coconut cream pies which we eagerly scarfed down. Not this time. It used to be that it was hard to quit eating the pie, but that was not a problem and we ended up tossing some of the pie after it got too old to eat. Not sure what the change was, but there seemed to be less filling and the topping did not seem to be real whipped cream.

3  Thank rmalahy
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Only my grandpa made better homestyle pies. We said we wouldn't stand in line for Thanksgiving pies again this year, but everyone in the family wanted their pies, so we stood outside for an hour in near freezing temps and everyone was happy with the pumpkin, chocolate, cherry, peach and pecan pies. *licks lips*

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was given a pecan pie and a coconut cream pie as a gift from this pie company. Grant it, Flying Saucer has earned quite a name for itself over the many years it has been in business. However, I have never been so disappointed in a pie in all my life. If I had purchased these pies myself, I would have taken them back and asked for a refund. They are just awful. My mom and I each had a piece and agreed that our stale cookies were the better option.
The pecan pie had a very few pieces of pecan on top with a crisp kind of sugary crust holding them together and underneath is a thick blob of goo called pie filling. It was actually kind of disgusting. One piece is all I could do.
The coconut cream pie is waaaaay better at Luby's. This one had little taste and had the consistency of mealiness with the tiny bits of coconut. It was not fun to eat at all.

If this is what Flying Saucer has come to be, I'll make sure we never purchase pies from them. Frozen Mrs. Smiths is far better - unfortunately.

1  Thank margierita
Reviewed 26 November 2012

There was so much hype surrounding this pie place that I made the trek late in the evening, right before closing. This was probably not the best time as they were out of all but 4 pies. I went with the Cherry. it was tart, so tart that it was not enjoyable; on a positive note, the crust was good and it smelled like heaven. If I venture back for Christmas I will try to get one of the ones they are most famous for: Coconut, Apple, Pecan, etc.