“Great food at a great price”

Goode Company Barbeque
Ranked #470 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Goode Company BBQ has served countless plates of savory, mesquite-smoked barbecue to Houstonians for more than 34 years (and counting). We take pride in what we do, make everything from scratch, and stay true to the Goode family’s recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. From our beef brisket or spicy pork— to our homemade jalapeño cheese bread, we serve BBQ the “goode way.”We also carry a variety of items in our online store, such as smoked turkey, turkey and pecan pie gift sets, sausage, brisket, BBQ gift baskets and Texas gift baskets.
Sylvania, Ohio
“Great food at a great price”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Having read some mixed reviews about this establishment, I went in with a somewhat skeptical attitude but was pleasantly surprised. The food was great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The turkey was great and I would recommend it.

• Visited October 2013

Round Rock, Texas
“"Goode" BBQ!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Being from Texas, you get a lot of bad BBQ. This place was pleasantly surprising for BBQ! The sides were AWESOME! Their jalapeno cheddar bread was TO DIE FOR! The beans and coleslaw were very good as well. The meat was average - brisket was a little dry for my taste. Sausage was decent, and turkey was very moist - I would have liked a little more flavor in the meats. Overall - it's not my first choice, but for a company lunch/dinner - it's good.

Loveland, Colorado
“Good, but not as famous as I thought!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My friend took me here while visiting Houston area. It really tastes no different than any other BBQ joint I've visited. Don't get me wrong, it tasted great, just not amazing like I was expecting to find in TX!

Benson, North Carolina
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The aroma is what gets you in the door and the food keeps you coming back. I ordered a 2 meat combo (ribs and brisket) with 2 sides for lunch. Service was extremely fast and the food was great.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Meh”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Not great dried up food with no real atmosphere , better places than this locally, could be good but isn't quite there yet

• Visited August 2013
goodecobbq, Owner at Goode Company Barbeque, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback on your recent visit to Goode Company BBQ. We value the opinions of our visitors and are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your visit to Goode Company. We take great pride in the quality and tastiness of our food and wouldn't want to deliver anything but the best and can assure you over-cooked food is not up the Goode Company standard. Thanks again for sending in your feedback; hearing from customers like you is invaluable.