“Outstanding Mexican Food, Best I've Had”

Guadalajara Mexican Grill & Bar
Ranked #157 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stopped in for dinner and drinks on a sunday night in Houston. I traditionally enjoy Mexican but wow I was in for a special treat. Was with my boss and we ordered up a few beers, great selection, and were also given chips and salsa. Upon hearing us say we like spicy food we were brought a small cup of a home made habanero sauce to mix in; it was fantastic! Next we had the tomales and they were unbelievable as well, the feta and corn meshed terrifically. Finally I had an enchilada dinner that was massive and delicious, the cilantro lime rice was phenomenal. I would definitely go back here again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Good authentic Mexican cuisine. Jose provided excellent service. It's a spot to go when in downtown Houston. Reasonable prices. Try the bacon wrapped shrimp.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The food was very good and the happy hour special drinks were tasty as well. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

As the title says, we ate here twice -- on our first and last nights in town, so it was good. It was also the only spot we could get into without a reservation on a busy Saturday night. We waited about a half-hour for a table for 5, which we felt was reasonable.

On our first visit, we lucked into happy hour and I enjoyed the less expensive pricing on the beer with my verde cheese enchiladas. All my table mates enjoyed their meals as well and the twisted margaritas that went with them.

The atmosphere isn't what you'd expect for a typical Mexican restaurant; it's very modern -- bright and kind of sterile.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Perfect place for vegetarians like me - the chek makes whatever you request and it tastes great. Reservations though not needed will help if one does not want to wait at the bar.