“neat diner”

Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
McAllen, Texas
“neat diner”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Cute little diner that has breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Well known for their pies which have their own menu that rivals the food menu. Reasonable prices and great quality food.

Visited October 2013

Chicago
“Casual Good Breakfast. Pies looked great!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Needed a change of pace breakfast during a 4 night stay in Houston, and I found the House of Pies on Kirby. It was a good quality breakfast. The location on Kirby was halfway between the Hampton/Galleria where I was staying, and the Convention Center in Downtown. I went there on 2 occasions.
The first time, I had a waffle, two eggs, two bacon strips and coffee. The second time I had Bacon and eggs, hash browns, toast and a side of grits. The breakfast was "old school" good in a place that felt set In the 1970's or 80's. Service was prompt and friendly, and the coffee was good. There was a counter but I sat in a booth for 2 people. The pies looked good and they had individual pecan and other little pies. I did not partake in pie, because it was too early in the morning.
It was a good change of pace than the hotel breakfast. A locals place.

Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great Pecan Pie!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I were in Houston recently visiting family, and we wanted something sweet when we came across House of Pies. We walked in and loved the diner atmosphere and saw on the menu they serve breakfast 24 hours. That's my kind of place! We got three differently slices of pie to go; pecan, pecan fudge, and strawberry. The pecan was delicious and my husband said the fudge pecan almost tasted like a pecan pie brownie. The strawberry was good, but the glaze on the berries was thick and tasted straight out of a can. It satisfied our sweet tooth, and next time we would like to go back to dine in and try their regular menu

• Visited October 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“French Silk Pie - OMG”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've never been here before. We were able to sample a slice of pie of many to choose from. My friend had the turtle cheesecake and I tried French Silk Pie. It was excellent -- old-timey diner atmosphere. Nothing fancy but very good. Surprising to me, they have a full breakfast menu. I would definitely return. The waitress we had was very pleasant.

• Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Pie!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great variety of pie that is fresh baked throughout the day and very tasty. I have tried breakfast on a few occasions and I would say that you should stick with just the pies. No atmosphere but great pie!

Visited August 2013