β€œGood Service”

Dining options: Reservations
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good Service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place for lunch, although not to the level of expectations the previous reviews had created. Very good lobster bisque, but the 2 fish dishes and the sashimi and sushi we had in our group were just OK.

Visited April 2014

Texas
“Surprising”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We drive by this nondescript restaurant every week. On a whim we decided to try it.
The lower level is more like a bar, but the upper dining area is quite nice. The real surprise was the food. It was much better than the exterior of the restaurant would indicate.
The prices were moderate and the food was delicious. We certainly will put it on our repeat visit list.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DarrynTexas
Houston, Texas
“Great food/service”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great visit to Redfish recently. Waitstaff went out of their way to expand our table of 8 to accommodate 12 at the last minute. Terrific food and never rushed us even though we were last group to leave that evening. We will be back for sure.

Visited September 2013
Houston
“Redfish Grill”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were encouraged to eat here by the good reviews we saw online. The exterior of the restaurant and parking area as well as the ambience inside do not really match the gourmet-looking dishes they serve. The outside and inside have an ordinary, unassuming "oyster bar" look but the plating and presentation of the food makes you think you are in a fancy restaurant. The lady who served us was very friendly and always had a smile. We are not sushi lovers but we like seafood so she steered us to the restaurant's popular non-sushi entrees. She checked on us constantly without hovering over us. We came in a group and our order came out very quickly (maybe no more than 15 minutes after we ordered), so that was really much appreciated. My husband and I ordered two different dishes (he got the
Blackened Redfish with Spicy Chipotle Sauce and I got the Hawaiian Lemon Snapper) but we were served the same side dish - a sauteed mixture of Asian vegetables - which was quite delicious, we both agreed. Our fish dishes were OK, although my husband said too much sauce overwhelmed the taste of the redfish. My dish had a delicious sauce although I didn't really taste the lemon. I had a big thick serving of fish which was good at first bite but later had a very slight aftertaste that made me think it may not be very fresh. One of my kids got the Korean steak which was super tender and she enjoyed it a lot; another one got a different steak dish which he also liked. The youngest kid got a big serving of chicken strips and fries which she shared with everyone and those were likewise enjoyed. I am sure the rave reviews on their sushi are well-deserved but since we didn't get that, we can only rate them according to what we got. I think our fish dishes were not as good as we had expected and the entrees were rather pricey, thus the 4-star rating, but everything else was satisfactory.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“just divine!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

my son and i have eaten in this restaurant on several occassions. it might not look great on the outside, but the food is exquisite. i thought of bringing my friends here. let them savior the "moment." a friend is very picky and will not eat sushi. ok.ok...i know, for us shushi lover nothing to it. but this friend of mine got intrigue and ordered cajun roll and she ate the sushi roll. this is just how good this restaurant. i made my friends appreciate the food they ate and will be coming back. make a reservation during weekends. you have to wait without the reservation. enjoy

• Visited August 2013