“Zabojad Exploring America”

Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
Ranked #49 of 298 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Owner description: "The Buffalo Soldiers National Museum a proud member of the Houston Museum District is the only Museum dedicated primarily to preserving the legacy and honor of the African-American soldier, in the United States of America."
Altorf, France
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Zabojad Exploring America”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Buffalo Soldiers National Museum offers a great insight inthe Yankee Soldiers time. Uniforms colts and historical items cabn be seen. Even a french Helmet is exposed among American flags and paintings. A beautiful wooden Buffalo sculpture for a very little price. Simplicity and very warm Welcome was offered. Do not expect Guggenheim style as museum and you will be delighted to visit this part of American History.
Happy Sharing-Happy Inside

Visited May 2013
1 Thank frederic s

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“American history”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great visit to a place filled with history. Tour guide was awesome as he shared stories I've never heard before.

Piscataway, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Way to Learn About History”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I visited this museum with my husband and some new friends. As it turned out the curator and my husband are frat brothers. We were so overwhelmed by all the history contained in this museum. The one soldier play was so real and it really helped to drive home how important the buffalo soldiers were in the history of this country. I would recommned this museum to everyone regardless of whether you like history or not. A must see!!!

1 Thank SMS1628
Columbia, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Valued Educational Experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

While in Houston on business travel, we drove past this museum. My colleague, who has a master's degree in history, and I were excited to visit the museum. I am embarrassed to admit that, while familiar with the term Buffalo Soldier, I really didn't know anything about them. We only had 45 minutes to visit but we found the museum educational, interesting and worth the fee. We will return when we go back to Houston to finish the exhibits.

Corpus Christi, Texas
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great History”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I recently went to the Buffalo Soldier Museum with my son, we found it to be a very historical place. We got there in time for the reenactment of Tyrell Biggs, which was a great show by the actor. The artifacts and pictures there cover many years of American history about some of our forgotten soldiers who fought for this country. As a veteran myself it was great to see the many brave men and women who made the sacrifice for this country. I hope over time that more donations are made and they can expand the museum to include more exhibits. I recommend going to the Museum it's not very big so it may only take an 45 minutes to look at all the exhibits in the museum.

Visited June 2013