“this hotel is downright nasty.”

Regency Suites Bush Airport
Regency Suites Bush Airport
Ranked #416 of 504 Hotels in Houston
louisiana
“this hotel is downright nasty.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

when we got to room there was urine on floor in bathroom and toilet seat. the bedsheets did not look clean and the funrniture was stained and the room smelled horrible. when we reported the room they did not do anything about it and we did not get refunded. this is horrible service and a nasty hotel.. i wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you are taking a prostitute for an hour and you don't mind disease and germs.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tntlouisiana

Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

I went here with my best friend and as soon as we got to our room, we checked the sheets (as everyone should) and there were semen stains and cigarette burns all over! Not to mention the pillow cases had stains on them! I asked to be transferred rooms and the second room had the same issue!!! I asked for our charge to be waived since I wouldn't be staying there that night and the owner refused! Luckily I booked through an online site and they gave me a refund, but my god it was the most disgusting thing ever! I went down the street to Comfort Suites and for $20 more we got a Double Queen room that was at least 100% better, not to mention they had a pool and work out room! I'll never go back to the Regency ever again!

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeaniepoo
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2008

The desk is behind glass! Not in a good neighborhood. the only good thing is the employee's at the hotel were very nice.
Expedia LOST our reservation, the hotel could not accomadate us and they called a cab to take us somewhere else. There are NO restraurants around this hotel because the neighborhood is SO bad. We were taken to the Best Western and even though the rate was $30 more, it was well worth it.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank KLM1965
Austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2008

Orbitz rated this hotel as a 3-star. It is really quite a dive. Everything about this hotel has been done on the cheap, from the nastiest tissues and toilet paper to the chincey appointments. The 'breakfast dining area' is a 10x12 reception beside the bullet-proof sliding glass window to the receptionist.

I really got ripped on this hotel... I travel a lot and this is one of the lousiest I have encountered. Not dirty, just cheaper than a dollar store with everything about it inside & out. I paid $99 on Orbitz and paid the extra to get '3-star' accommodations. It's probably in the same league as a typical 1.5-2 star $55/night hotel.

You had better have a car if you plan on leaving the hotel, because I would not walk at night. No food places are within a convenient walk in my opinion.

I would never stay here again - but some people may feel 'right-at-home'.

• Liked — The chuckle I got when I saw how absurd the price was for the dump it is.
  • Disliked — Every aspect of the cheap, cheap, cheapness!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank GR-Aussie-Guy
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

It was quiet and had a very homely feel to it. Everything was clean and the staff was very helpful with directions and things to do since I had a lot of time to kill. I definitely recommend this place if you are looking for something economical and comfortable at the same time!

• Liked — It was smaill, not a lot of noise, felt very safe.
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2008

This hotel was a dump and needs to have its rating lowered to “1” star. It was rated 3 stars when I booked it, however Courtyards by Marriott have the same ratings. I cannot believe all the past reviews stating what a good/great hotel it is…

The room was dirty, beds in poor condition and items were missing or not available.

 Hairdryer missing
 Internet not functioning or available
 No iron or ironing board
 Broken furniture
 Dirty bathroom…& on

This hotel would be perfect for short stays in the “red” light districts. Complimentary breakfast was offered in the lobby, however the stench in the lobby was unbearable.

Note - I am a business traveler who travels 50% of the time and very familiar with the ratings and qualities within the hotel industry…
Someone one needs to revisit this hotel and determine their true rating - they are not equal to any Marriott property.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank RTravelUnitedStates
new york, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2008

It was small, clean and quiet! I felt like I was on vacation even though I was there for work. The staff was friendly, and everything was clean. For the price, it was a wonderful place!

Stayed December 2007