Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East
Ranked #266 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Carrollton, Texas
“Nice!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

One of the nicest of the HI Express & Suites we've stayed in! The rooms are larger and updated and the property is very clean. When we found our mattress not as comfortable as we'd like after our first night, the general manager quickly found us another room and let us try out the bed before deciding if we wanted to move. The food was kept warm and tasted fresh. A Tinsel Town, Chili's, Salt Grass Steakhouse, Marble Slab Creamery and many more restaurants close by. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

It's okay, typical American to much airco, room is good but freezing cold. It's far from anything interesting. Close to the airport.
The in house restaurant is oké, food is good, service is good.
That's all

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Rene H,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Kuwana is the greatest, very helpful and genuinely concerned with the overall experience with the hotel, she is a great part of the hotel success in my eyes. The jacuzzi was. It working during my stay, other than that it was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
Lone Tree, Colorado
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What a great property. I stayed on the first floor and had 10 foot ceilings in my room (I think it was #130). The room was very large and very comfortable. I wish I had that large of an HD TV in my house. Hallways are nice and wide and in great shape. This place must have just been built. My stay was a one night business trip and it was perfect. A few places nearby to catch something to eat one of which is just across the street. If you want or need to stay on the east side of Houston, stay here. I was not able to have breakfast because of a 5:45 departure but I am sure that they would have got something for me if I had asked. Hopefully I will have to work in this area again.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room facing away from I-10.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TYOTP
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We used to stay with the competition on the other side of the highway but their rates have become rather high. We were pleasantly surprised with our first visit to this location. The room was very nice as well as clean, spacious and affordable. Kumora (I'm probably spelling that wrong) was very courteous when checking us in. We will definitely stay here next time we're in the area. I took pics and hope to be able to attach them. At present I don't see an option to do so.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kmrella
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is my third visit. I travel quite often to the greater Houston area and this particular holiday is by far superior. The staff is excellent. The location is easily within my area if work and the restaurant has kept this place top of mind; a relaxed environment; great food. The staff in the restaurant is top notch. I go out if my way to stay here. The people make the difference. The food is terrific. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Dakota1996
Oakland, California
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Really a great little hotel. Totally helpful staff, big clean well furnished rooms and a location to be able to walk to a few restaurants. Perfect for a short business trip although it's out of the main town of Houston. Easy access to freeway.

• Stayed July 2012