“Oustanding and courteous Service”

Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #37 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Grantham, New Hampshire
“Oustanding and courteous Service”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I brought my family on a 7 day cruise. On our way back, we made reservations for 2 rooms at the Days Inn near the Houston Hobby Airport. We arrived early. The proprietor made us feel wlecome, stored our luggage and got the cleaning people to get one of the rooms ready asap for us.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable and relatively quiet. We had 4 people in one room and 3 including a bay in the other. In the morning the continental breakfast was unexpectedly complete with scrambled eggs, sausage and even a texas image waffle as well as the usual juices etc.

The shuttle to airport brought us directly to our plane. The proprietor wouldn't even take a tip I offered. He obviouslly knew how to serve his clients. I asked if he had many return clients and he gave me the biggest smile!

Fred Dunfey
Garntham NH

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank FredDunfey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 April 2011

It was better than I thought. I was expecting a run down, noisy hotel due to its proximity to the Hobby airport but it looked brand new, surprisingly quiet despite the location, the furnishings inside the room I stayed in looked new. The small stuff : a packet of cookies, dining and travel brochures were well thought out and added to the welcome vibe of the place. The manager was very helpful regarding the driving directions to main attractions in downtown Houston since I was there during the Rodeo show. The microwave oven and the small fridge was a welcome convenience although I had to chuckle at the sight of the small boombox w/ CD player on top of the fridge. I think the owner would have kept more up to date if he had installed an iPod dock next to it. The only negative I could think of is the somewhat relatively limited parking space. It kinda gets crowded on weekends at night. I got lucky to get the last empty parking spot when I drove in past midnight on a weekend. All in all, I DEFINITELY would stay in this hotel again on my next Houston trip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
dallas
Reviewed 8 April 2011

This hotel is hidden behind I45 and the Hobby airport. It is convenient to most of the interstates and the airport. Rooms include microwave, refrigerator and stove if requested. For the price it is more than expected. Would recommend. If there is one bad thing: Don''t expect much for breakfast!! Cereal, meat and eggs. Also small fitness center. But that is the only thing that could have been better.

Room Tip: See if you can get bottom level
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Landscaping was very pretty. Rooms were comfortable & clean. It was very quiet even though it was close to Hobby airport. The owners have a binder in the lobby with directions to many local attractions, which was very helpful. Hot breakfast every morning.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Manorville, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2011

During my stay at Days Inn at Houston Hobby airport I coildn't have asked for more! The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the stove, microwave and refrigerator worked perfectly. The little things like water and cookies in the room when you arrived was terrific.

The only negative about my stay at Days Inn was that our room was next to the laundry room and we heard the washing machines in the morning (not a big deal).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed and the room was clean and all the staff was friendly. Very good value. Will stay there again when we return to Houston in November.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Black Earth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Unexpected value. Free computer & printer use. Great hot breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple