“Not your ordinary Days Inn”

Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #49 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Days Inn, and were so pleasantly amazed at how perfectly everything was set up. The room was high-ceilinged, enormous with a King-size bed. The A/C was on so that it was cool when we walked in from a hot, humid Houston night. We would think of something that we needed, and it would be right there! Even a tiny tube of toothpaste. The complimentary breakfast next morning was also unusually good. Eggs with bits of ham in them and a pepper/onion sautee mix that went well with the eggs. And, of course the waffle and organge juice and a banana. This was more than adequate; it was good! Our room was quiet and we slept well. What a great value!

Room Tip: We were given a choice of a 1st floor or 2nd floor room, and chose 2nd. Maybe 1st are just as good.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport

Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed at 8 hotels on this trip, and although this was the least expensive, it was one of the best. The building was very well kept & attractive, the employees were friendly, and the breakfast was better than you'd expect for a complimentary one. The pool was small but nice (with a fountain & lights that alternated colors after dark). Truly, for a low-cost hotel, this one seemed like a high-priced competitor for what it offered. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I really was impressed with this hotel. The room was recently remodeled I think. Very attractive. It had 2 large beds. I liked all the extras - refrig, in-room safe, microwave, radio/boom box. Also there was FREE internet. They also left bottled water and some treats besides coffee,etc. This will be the hotel I come to every 6 months.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This Hotel is far and above the standard Days Inns in the Nation. Rooms are beautifully furnished. Grounds are immaculately landscaped. Breakfast is outstanding. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful in every way. I have stayed here many times and on future trips to Houston area, will drive the extra distance to lodge at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I prepaid a reserved room after reading the Tripadvisor reviews. Having lived in Houston, we were familiar with the area and it is not the best but the top of my "must have list" when it comes to hotel stays is "clean, clean ,clean" and this hotel was surpassed the average hotel. The bathroom sparkled, the counter tops were squeaky clean, the carpets vacuumed well. The owners have done wonders with this property----it really is very nice however after one night there, we realized we had chosen wrong. We wanted a room to accommodate three adults but the room really can't fit the king bed and queen bed without the one being so close to the A/C unit. The unit ran hard all night long and created quite a draft on my neck. I would suggest they make the rooms to accommodate only two people. The outside door on our room really needed weather stripping---the door didn't fit snug enough so there was a very big air leak which let that Houston heat in and thus that A/C unit worked hard all night to cool that room. I learned a lesson----not to prepay to save a few bucks for it ended up being a very expensive one night stay for the price of 4 paid nights!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganderMom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

It was a very nice stay. The room was spotless clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I needed a 1 night stay adjacent to Hobby Airport. Checked out current Trip Advisor reviews and this Days Inn had the best current ones... thank you everyone for contributing the good and bad news about Hobby Airport area hotels. This Days Inn is very clean and very quiet. My son and I were assigned a second floor room. We did our usual bed bug check (see my review from last September at Cincy Hilton - the mgr taught us what to look for - God bless him). Room was up to date and everything worked fine. The complimentary breakfast was just fine for our needs. My only suggestion is that they air out these rooms a bit in between guests... it smelled damp from the shower - no ventilation gave it a musty odor. But there was no visible mold in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business