“Customer service was bad”

Residence Inn Houston West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #166 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I got this room for the allstar weekend and when I checked in my room was not ready. I then went to the room and couldnt get in because the keys did not work. The room was nice, but it did look like they did a rush job on making the bed. It was a decent room, and me and my friends enjoyed it. The only bad thing is the ice maker did not work in the kitchenette, and they also billed me an extra $200 for smoking in the room. Besides that it is a nice place to stay, it just seems like the attendent was kind of prejudice and she did not have very good customer services skills. Hopefull they can train her to better serve the customers.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floors are very nice rooms and have a decent view. Make sure you don't burn...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed three nights in this lovely property , the lobby was decorated very nicely and looked appealing, did not like the smell of the deodorizer by the noisy elevator , the corridor was very clean , the room furnished superbly and very clean, the bed was very comfortable as always, the couch and working desk appealing. The room contained a large refrigerator, microwave , dishwasher, coffee maker stove, and all dishes & utensils needed for cooking.
The restaurant had plenty room to eat and move around , the buffet attendant was very caring on replenishment of the food . with Apples and oranges were large size , nice bowl of red grapes added value , assorted cereals stationed properly to avoid congested traffic .
This would be my favorite place to stay .

Room Tip: Excellent quality hotel , superb breakfast
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my wedding in Houston and had a horrible experience. The room I stayed in flooded because the service staff left the dish washer unattended which damaged my shoes and my wedding gown. The operations manager offered to clean the shoes and wedding gown instead of paying for the damages which i agreed to because i was trying to be nice. Big mistake... my shoes were returned to me 2 months later still damaged and I'm still waiting for my wedding gown almost 5 months later... My camera was also stolen and the hotel refused to take responsibility for it. Just put a damper on my wedding weekend.... If you decide to stay here, pray such incident don't happen to you; claim for damages immediately otherwise they won't look you once you've checked out

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimi O
Michelle V, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am terribly sorry for the challenges you experienced during your stay. Please know that we strive to deliver an exceptional experience for each and every guest. We regret that a broken pipe played any part in your special day. We have resolved the plumbing issue and have used professional cleaners to ensure that both your shoes and dress were returned to you in like-new condition. At the Residence Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, we take delivering superior service very seriously and hope that you will give us another chance the next time you visit Houston.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

We live nearby, so normally wouldn't be staying in Houston hotels, but when we had to move out our house for 5 days to have some plumbing work done, this is where we stayed, and it was a great choice. Our one bedroom suite had a separate bedroom (small, but big enough) with a door, so we didn't wake each other up when operating on separate schedules. The kitchen includes a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and stove burners, but no oven - fine for our purposes, especially the refrigerator. The property is clean, fresh and well-maintained, with good lobby and covered patio areas. Most of the guests are business travelers, there for a week or more, so those areas are well used by co-workers in the evenings. Breakfast is included, and is an extensive hot and cold buffet, with egg dishes, fresh fruit and fruit salad, yogurt parfaits some days, etc. Monday through Thursday evenings a supper is served: no choice, but it was good and meant we didn't have to go out again. One night was chicken wings and salad, another night lasagna, mixed vegetables and salad. Free beer every night! The hotel is about a quarter mile north of I-10, and directly across Barker Cypress from a new children's hospital. We would definitely recommend this property to those staying in West Houston.

Room Tip: There's a second elevator at the back of the property with an exit to the parking lot near it...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel with another couple. We had a double suite room. It was very nice to share, 2 bedrooms each with their own bathroom and tv. The bedrooms were pretty small but the great room was pretty spacious. There is a nice pool area, the workout facilities were lacking. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was way more than we had expected. I would recommend this hotel. It is nothing glamorous but it is comfortable and they have good rates.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed here for 3 weeks as a young family while relocating. It is more of a long stay type of hotel than a hotel with all the standard amenities (bar, restaurant etc). That said, it was clean, rooms neat and in good condition and in a good location for this part of town. You can walk to restaurants etc. and there is a nice bayou park nearby to go jogging in etc. The hotel feels quiet (which we liked) and the pool was decent. There are not lots of staff but those that are there are helpful and polite. The breakfasts were ok for standard American style. They were also serving free light meals on week nights (one specific meal per evening, nothing fancy) which was an alternative to eating out every night. Car parking is free too. I would stay here again if working in the Energy corridor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DSandA
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Staff is so friendly. Breakfast was convenient, happy hour snacks were great. Spent 56 days here after my house rented out...on my way overseas- near everything we needed. Would highly recommend for extended stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on 5th floor looking over "sharky's" got plenty of natural light.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family