“Great Staff , Safe location to Walk, Close to shopping centers.”

Residence Inn Houston West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #207 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Mobile
“Great Staff , Safe location to Walk, Close to shopping centers.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed 3 nights July 4,5,& 6th. Great kitchen area, well maintained rooms, responsive staff. Good breakfast variety. Close to great restaurants and shopping.One elevator was noisy (sounded like an electric drill when moving) so we used the other elevator to feel safe.Excellent for family, business, and fans of cordless drills. The front entrance did not have an automatic door opener, so you must hold the door open, then roll your luggage in---difficult for handicapped individuals. The front entrance also had two benches which was occupied by smokers---you have to walk through a maze of cancerous smoke to enter so you must move fast ! Hopefully the management will address these issues so that our next stay will be better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our family vacation. This was the 4th or 5 hotels that we had stayed at during our week long stay in Texas and it was by far the worst!!! The hotel exterior is nice, BUT.....
We had arrived at the hotel around 11:00pm and the front door was locked (for security reasons), when the front desk attendant saw me he did come to open the door (if you can say that :0/) which was about all he did....he pushed the door open, walked back to behind the desk and said " how will you be paying for the room?" He never once said hello, welcome to our hotel or anything that would make someone feel welcomed. Upon checking in I noticed a weird smell, but chalked it up to someone maybe bringing food in or something, but the smell never went away. I think this might be related to the fact that the rooms have kitchens that guests are able to "cook" in, but geez....
The elevators smelled like vanilla and strawberry, but mixed with the other random smells, it was overwhelming to say the least.
To add to the horrible hospitality and the horrible smells throughout the hotel, the bed was horrible as well!!! Remind you that this was the 4th of 5 hotels that we had stayed at and it was the worst BY FAR!!!!!! It was lumpy, thin and uncomfortable and I don't think it was a queen as stated/requested. I think sleeping on the floor might have been better!!!! :0/.
Thank goodness we only stayed the one night (we were originally going to stay for two nights)!!! I WOULD NOT recommend staying at this hotel and to head over to another across the street or down the way a little bit. Was not impressed AT ALL!!!

One positive was the following morning when I checked out, the desk attendant was very nice!! Wish she had been there the night before.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Michelle V, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear about the poor quality of service that you received upon arriving at our hotel. I wanted to take a moment to assure you that this is not how we at the Residence Inn treat our guests and the fact that it was later in the evening does not excuse this behavior, I assure you the matter is being addressed and steps are being taken to ensure that no other guest shares your experience. I understand that you also experienced discomfort because of the odor that you encountered in the common areas of our hotel. At this time we are also addressing this issue by not only looking at our cleaning agents but also through our full hotel renovation scheduled to begin this fall.
Again, please accept our most sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that you may have experienced. I assure you that our goal is to make every guest feel at home and that when they come to Houston that they have a second home with us at the Residence Inn. I hope that you'll give us a second chance to prove to you that we have taken your comments to heart and have taken measures to make the appropriate corrections.

Michelle Virata
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed four nights and it was really good, sad for me that rate in weekdays is double than weekends. Facilities are good and clean, staff is nice and friendly, the pool was clean and fun. Breakfast in the morning is just ok, and some staff is kind of rude when is closing time.
Rooms are plenty of space, even if you pick the one bedroom, it is separated from the living area by a door. Kitchen is very good, and they can do your groceries shopping for you. Is located in the Energy corridor, but the location is good to go to Galleria or Katy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I got this room for the allstar weekend and when I checked in my room was not ready. I then went to the room and couldnt get in because the keys did not work. The room was nice, but it did look like they did a rush job on making the bed. It was a decent room, and me and my friends enjoyed it. The only bad thing is the ice maker did not work in the kitchenette, and they also billed me an extra $200 for smoking in the room. Besides that it is a nice place to stay, it just seems like the attendent was kind of prejudice and she did not have very good customer services skills. Hopefull they can train her to better serve the customers.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floors are very nice rooms and have a decent view. Make sure you don't burn...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed three nights in this lovely property , the lobby was decorated very nicely and looked appealing, did not like the smell of the deodorizer by the noisy elevator , the corridor was very clean , the room furnished superbly and very clean, the bed was very comfortable as always, the couch and working desk appealing. The room contained a large refrigerator, microwave , dishwasher, coffee maker stove, and all dishes & utensils needed for cooking.
The restaurant had plenty room to eat and move around , the buffet attendant was very caring on replenishment of the food . with Apples and oranges were large size , nice bowl of red grapes added value , assorted cereals stationed properly to avoid congested traffic .
This would be my favorite place to stay .

Room Tip: Excellent quality hotel , superb breakfast
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my wedding in Houston and had a horrible experience. The room I stayed in flooded because the service staff left the dish washer unattended which damaged my shoes and my wedding gown. The operations manager offered to clean the shoes and wedding gown instead of paying for the damages which i agreed to because i was trying to be nice. Big mistake... my shoes were returned to me 2 months later still damaged and I'm still waiting for my wedding gown almost 5 months later... My camera was also stolen and the hotel refused to take responsibility for it. Just put a damper on my wedding weekend.... If you decide to stay here, pray such incident don't happen to you; claim for damages immediately otherwise they won't look you once you've checked out

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mimi O
Michelle V, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am terribly sorry for the challenges you experienced during your stay. Please know that we strive to deliver an exceptional experience for each and every guest. We regret that a broken pipe played any part in your special day. We have resolved the plumbing issue and have used professional cleaners to ensure that both your shoes and dress were returned to you in like-new condition. At the Residence Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, we take delivering superior service very seriously and hope that you will give us another chance the next time you visit Houston.
Temple, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We live nearby, so normally wouldn't be staying in Houston hotels, but when we had to move out our house for 5 days to have some plumbing work done, this is where we stayed, and it was a great choice. Our one bedroom suite had a separate bedroom (small, but big enough) with a door, so we didn't wake each other up when operating on separate schedules. The kitchen includes a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and stove burners, but no oven - fine for our purposes, especially the refrigerator. The property is clean, fresh and well-maintained, with good lobby and covered patio areas. Most of the guests are business travelers, there for a week or more, so those areas are well used by co-workers in the evenings. Breakfast is included, and is an extensive hot and cold buffet, with egg dishes, fresh fruit and fruit salad, yogurt parfaits some days, etc. Monday through Thursday evenings a supper is served: no choice, but it was good and meant we didn't have to go out again. One night was chicken wings and salad, another night lasagna, mixed vegetables and salad. Free beer every night! The hotel is about a quarter mile north of I-10, and directly across Barker Cypress from a new children's hospital. We would definitely recommend this property to those staying in West Houston.

Room Tip: There's a second elevator at the back of the property with an exit to the parking lot near it...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family