1,086 results
All reviews nespresso machine steel beams houston downtown soaking tub turn down service the concierge lounge room service beautiful hotel light rail valet service upon check astros game valet parking business trip convention center four seasons griffin
Reviewed 16 June 2016

All of the hotel staff were outstanding!!! The rooms were spacious and clean. Ther is a car service that was a huge plus to get me to and from various business meetings. The restaurant was also very good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Magen P, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

FrankB2683KC,

Thank you for taking the time to send such a considerate review of your recent stay at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown. We get so excited to hear that our staff was suburb and catered to any and all of your needs. We will let Main Kitchen and our car service members know that they were valued.

Hope to have you back with us again!

Magen Pastor,
PR Manager
MPastor@TheJWMarriott.com

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I attending a series of meetings at this hotel, so my experiences are based on the meeting room facilities.

In the lobby, the staff was very helpful getting us where we needed to be.

The meeting rooms are in the basement, and it feels like you are in the basement. The food ordered for the meeting (for the right number of people) was insufficient and not refilled without prompting. The lobby area outside the meeting rooms also carried noise, so it was hard to work in the rooms when the lobby area had too many people in it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Msmccorm,

Thank you for taking a moment to send us a review on your time spent in the meeting spaces of The JW Marriott Houston Downtown. Though we are very sorry to hear that your experience with us was not fully enjoyable. Would you mind sharing more information with me so that I can better assist you? What was the date of meetings and the Company name? ...You can reach me at MPastor@TheJWMarriott.com

PR Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2016

I absolutely love my stay there! Laura and conny are so sweet, and edwin was very nice and helpful. Edwin is my cousin and recommended me this hotel. BEST HOTEL I EVER STAYED AT!!! The rooms are nice and clean. Is very peaceful.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Magen P, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Erica S,

Thank you for taking the time to send such a complimentary review of your recent stay with us at The JW Marriott Houston Downtown. We are happy to hear that our brand is being recommended by so many and so many outstanding employees. We hope to have you back again for another girls weekend.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Excellent hotel in a great location. There are bars and restaurants at walking distance. The conference center, Minute Maid Park and other attractions are also at walking distance. The room we stayed was a descent size, it was very comfortable and clean as well. The hotel interiors look nice and well maintained, and the staff is very friendly and efficient. We had breakfast at the Marriott lounge and it was very good. Parking is tricky, the valet is a bit expensive but it is the same price as the ripoff Garage next door to the hotel.

I would come back to this hotel and definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2016

Gremio,

I wish to express my sincerest appreciation to you for sending such a terrific review about your recent stay at The JW Marriott Houston Downtown. We take pride in being located in the Heart of the Downtown District next to so many outstanding media acclaimed restaurants and bars. Also of our award winning theater district and convention centers. So glad that you were able to eat in Main Kitchen and that breakfast was enjoyable. We wish we could help with the parking pricing but we are not able to at this time but are happy to hear that you recommend us and will be back again.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this location while attending a large function at the convention center.

Right out of the gate, I found the staff very friendly and professional. Check-in was fast and I was upgraded to a larger king room #1604. They also offered a nice glass of champagne/sparkling wine at check-in.

My room was large for an urban hotel, but a bit odd with an I-Beam of the hotel's superstructure running through the middle of the room. The bed was extremely comfortable with velvety soft sheets and mix of feather and fiber pillows. There was a 50" HDTV that could be angled toward the bed or seating area. A decent sized table served as desk or table. There was an iPad to order room service or other services...I did not use this during my stay. The bathroom was large with a very nice free standing tub and large shower stall.

A small treat was delivered each evening. Bottles of water were refreshed in the refrigerator each day.

The Concierge lounge was large and offered a decent quick breakfast buffet in the mornings. The lobby bar/restaurant were a bit overwhelmed by the large group of people immediately after the show closed each day. The main wall of the lobby constantly changes via projectors...interesting to watch.

One of the highlights of the hotel were the staff of drivers that offered rides to downtown locations at no charge. Jaime was the head of the staff and really outstanding! We loved being driven to the convention center in either the Porsche Cayenne or Cadillac Escalade. The guys were very punctual when picking us up as well.

I would highly recommend this location.

CounTemecula,

I cannot thank you enough for sending such a fantastic review of your recent stay at The JW Marriott Houston Downtown. It means so much to us that the second our guests step onto our property that they are well taken care of. We know that traveling can be fun but also tiresome so we hope the Welcome drink really let's you take a breath, a moment to settle down and relax into all the hotel room has to offer. Like the giant screen, the ease of the ipad in the rooms, room service, our tub and of course the most relaxing beds you will ever sleep in! Solanum is the name of the wall art piece that changes in rotation through projection, it is an incredible piece we are so proud to have. SOLANUM represents URBANSCREEN’s artistic approach of using projection mapping as a medium to create artworks that form a strong unit with their environment. By combining natural and artificial materials with a digital image layer, the augmented sculpture is located in the intersection between the virtual and the real.

Thank you again for leaving such a great review of our hotel on tripadvisor, we are so happy to hear that our staff and our luxury service vehicles served you perfectly going to and from the convention you were attending and we hope to have you back here for business and/or pleasure.