Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$110
The Whitehall Houston(Houston)
US$195
US$158
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$138
US$134
US$234
US$226
US$287
US$233
Hotel Granduca
  • Pool
All reviewsnespresso machinesteel beamsturn down servicethe concierge loungesoaking tubroom servicebeautiful hotellight railhotel stayvalet serviceupon checkvalet parkingastros gameking roombusiness tripfour seasonsconvention center
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The JW is a classic example of a hotel that is stuck in the past but trying to pretend otherwise by adding ipads in the rooms. It is complete with pretentious staff and lack of info given to guests about the gym location or wifi. The room was obviously cleaned based on a checklist - sink/toilet were clean, but baseboards and doors had obviously never been wiped down (dust, scuff marks, lotion drips?

The scam was an added a charge to my room for a supposedly cracked mirror, without even alerting me to this charge. The amount was small, obviously intended to slide through on a business credit card, and removed immediately upon my call to inquire.

Finally, there are numerous drug-addicts in the street near the hotel. Even if I had a better experience, I would not return as it was very uncomfortable walking to nearby restaurants, bars, or CVS.

The upside is that the gym is truly top notch! They have standard cardio equipment, plus rowers and free weights.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Elise D
Magen P, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Elise D,

I'm so sorry that you felt a lack in our customer service. When checking-in all guests are advised of how to check-in to wifi, or you can always call the front desk if there was a lack of communication or understanding.
Thank you for your feedback about the room cleanliness, I will look into this.

I would like to know more about the incident with the mirror if you would like to email me more details, I can look into this.

Unfortunately, any downtown metropolitan city there will be some homeless issues, we take measures to make sure that our front door is always clear and on that block there are police that patrol so that everyone feels safe, they might be there but everyone is fairly respectable.

Your feedback is appreciated, we hope that we can better serve you if there is a next time.

Magen
MPastor@thejwmarriott.com

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really really enjoyed the JW. I was provided with superior service from the check in process to the check out process. Housekeeping, room service I mean everything and everyone was great. I will recommend this Hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is beautiful with modern rooms and personal touches. Service and staff are top notch including a very nice gym. Main Kitchen is delicious. Incessant dinging from light rail is terribly annoying when in your room.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review, I'm sorry to hear that the light rail was annoying. If you choose to stay with us again please let the front desk know when you are checking in that the last room you were in was too loud and you would like to be placed in a room with less noise.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in at 7am due to flight delays and communicated the need to get sleep ( awake for 24hrs) they granted a late check out, but put me next to a room being renovated Only to be woken up at 9 AM from a hammer drill. There where no notices of rooms renovations and when I communicated with the front desk at checkout there was a commitment to follow up with me from a supervisor but that never happened. This hotel is fashion over form and function.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Tom H,

I'm so sorry to hear that you were not properly put into a room that was suitable for your needs. Can you kindly leave your email address, I would like to send this feedback to an appropriate manager.

MPastor@TheJWMarriott.com

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Aside from the homeless people hanging out outside the hotel, my experience was great! Location is prime, rooms are clean, I received a very warm welcome on check-in and service in general was good. The beds are EXCEPTIONALLY comfortable!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Sara A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience with us.
I'm happy to hear you love our hotel, location, the cleanliness of the rooms and the beds. We do take any necessary action when we see anyone less that great around the hotel to push them along.