“GORGEOUS BEACH HOUSE FEEL ! !”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #38 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Toronto
“GORGEOUS BEACH HOUSE FEEL ! !”
Reviewed 9 October 2007

Fantastic friendly and such quaint UNIQUE rooms ! you must stay here if you're going to Houston ! Feel free to contact me with other questions. We were in room 509 and it was great :) Nice air conditioning too !

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank misscross2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2007

We stayed with our two retrievers for a low pet fee. Boutique, large hotel suite and loaned us three dog bowls for their food and water. Clean quiet hotel with comfortable beds and large enough suite for us. Modern and blue walls (felt like a hotel by the sea). They offered a free glass of wine from Hotel Indigo personal selection of wines.

Staff was courteous, very hospitable, and welcomed our canines. Will stay there again and highly recommend especially if going to the mall.

• Liked — beds and courteous staff
  • Disliked — no spa yet
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Slartibart
Chackbay, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 August 2007

This is an amazing hotel. Very new and bright. The rooms are beautiful with hard wood floors, area rugs, and the most comfortable bed I have ever been in.

The staff was great. They gave me directions every time I walked out the door knowing I had never been to the city before. They also recommended a great restraunt named Trulucks and in addition made reservations for me.

I will defiantely stay here next time I am in Houston and recommend anyone who wants a nice relaxing time to stay here too.

One more thing, this hotel is in close walking distance to the galleria and the williams tower.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank LABAYMEDIC
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 5 August 2007

The Indigo near the Galleria has a great location, but it is a little hard to find as it is in the middle of a city block and there is only one not well marked entry off a one way street. We missed it the first time around. The entire hotel, as well as the rooms, are new, clean and fresh and the open showers are great. The staff is friendly. Parking is convenient. . The restaurant is pretty minimal, however. Overall, first rate; I'll return.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Sessa2
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2007

I loved this hotel. The website pictures are right on. The staff is extremely friendly. The room was comfortable and very clean. The bed was so comfortable and they must have listened to guest's complaints about the wood blinds not filtering out the light because my room had the standard black-out curtains. The only thing I can see that could use improvement was to add room service and open the restaurant for longer hours. Someone mentioned the lack of space planning - wide halls and huge bathrooms, but smaller rooms. I happened to love the feel of all these things. I cannot stand long narrow halls and stuffy bathrooms so I felt very comfortable at this hotel. The location, if you need to be centrally located, is the best. Plus it's not on a super busy street so you don't have to sit in traffic to get in our out of the parking lot. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants something different than the dull chain hotels. I wish they had one in every major city!

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank texrobin
santee, ca
Reviewed 26 June 2007

If colorful and esthetic are your principal criteria for a stay then you'll probably be happy with this hotel. The decor is very eye catching and pretty. You almost feel like you are in the middle of a Pottery Barn catalog page. But I think thats pretty much it.

I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. I got the room for a decent price for a one nighter through Hotwire. The weather was pouring rain outside, and I was in from a long flight and starving. I was checked in and greeted promptly. Was pleased when I opened the door of my room and saw the pretty little beach theme that I had seen online.

I proceeded to jump to the book to find out whats on the room service menu and was totally bummed to find out that the hotel restaurant closes for hours and hours between meals. It would be at least 4 hours until I could get some food. I seriously tried to wait, but hunger got the best of me and I ended up going down the street to an overpriced Sushi restaurant for an appetizer.

When I got back I was exhausted and tried to take a nap, but the "adorable" wooden blinds, leave MUCH MUCH light to the room, so the comfortable hotel darkness that we all crave when we are traveling was a no go. The room has very beautiful wooden floors and with the rain, it made it sound like I was in just what the theme was showing me a beachhouse. With absolutely no quiet and no darkness.

I watched a movie and later on went down to the hotel restaurant to order up some food. The wait on the food was about 40 minutes since they have 1 poor man as the chef and the bartender and the cashier. He was friendly and was nice enough to bring up the food to my room, since I waited so long. Food was good, I had the salmon.. nothing over fancy about it.

After a sleeping pill.... finally sleep!!

So overall, not a terrible review, but I am a creature of comfort and this just did not have the long distance traveler in mind.

• Liked — Very nice decor
  • Disliked — No peace and no darkness
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank bigmtnrulz
HotelIndigoHouston, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, 12 August 2008
As feedback from our guests is a primary tool for us to deliver the experience desired for those making Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria their home away from home, we have made some changes within the property:

While our café is still only open for breakfast and dinner, we have implemented 24 hour food availability. There are a handful of selections from our menu that can be prepared by any staff member of the hotel, and are available upon request at any time outside of our hours of operation.

The wooden blinds on the windows are a design element that adds to the charm and home feel of our guest room accommodations. Unfortunately, our blinds allow some light to pass around them just as residential blinds would. A window tinting project was completed in July 2008 that has corrected this issue. The tinting is dark enough to eliminate parking lot lights overnight, but light enough to maintain the bright, airy feel of our guest rooms. The added benefit of this project is that it helps battle the Texas heat. The tinting has reduced the sun’s heat within the guest room, and the end result is that the PTAC air conditioning units run less, and much more efficiently within the room.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo for the second time over Memorial Day weekend. We love it's location in walking distance to the Galleria, but the real reason is because they make you feel so special while you're there. The front desk people are genuinely happy to have you there and can't do enough to help you get settled and enjoy the area. The hotel seems small and intimate and the decor keeps me coming back. It's like a trip to the beach, all blue and white with fresh white painted furnishing and lime green accents. Sea shell sconces and subtle beach touches make you feel like you're a million miles away from the everyday. But again it's the outstanding service that makes the difference. They provided feather pillows for us when I ask for a smaller pillow. I left our garmet bag of dress clothes in the room and didn't notice it until a week later. I was sure they were gone for good, but I called them and they had them waiting for us to mail back in 2 days. There are only a hand full of Hotel Indigos in the country, but I always check to see if one is where I'm headed.

• Liked — the decor
  • Disliked — finding the property
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple