“A gem!”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #44 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The white, bright blues and greens colour scheme makes the Hotel Indigo a cool, fresh,bright and clean offering compared to the all too common drab and dreary brown 'earth tones' that are found in the USA hotel market. The beds are extremely comfortable and the room presentation is excellent. Staff both front of house and management are very helpful, friendly and hospitable. Together with complementary high speed internet that is truely high speed, free convenient car parking and an excellent location all go to make this a gem of a hotel in Houston

Room Tip: Some rooms have rather noisy a/c units. If you go for a suite this can be avoided by leaving the liv...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank indo555

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Traveling to Houston for business and stayed here for two nights. Everything was fantastic, from the check in and the hospitable service I received from the front desk (and Matt), to the VIP treatment, to the cleanliness of the Hotel. Thought it was really good and would definitely book here again if I'm back on business. Thanks Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

An extremely cute place. Good value if you can find a rate under $100. Air conditioner loud in room but created a constant noise for me, which I liked. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Meghuneyntyson
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My husband had a business trip scheduled in Houston, so we decided the kids and I would tag along and enjoy some time away in a fun hotel. the Indigo appeared to be just the place.Be wary of the misleading website. There was trouble with our initial reservation. We added on a day, so we were understanding of the miscommunication. So we ended up throwing our kids on the floor to sleep one night and moved to our reserved suite the next morning. One of the reasons we booked this hotel, was the "kitchenette" as they listed on their site - they don't have anything more than a wet bar with a very, very small refrigerator. The televisions are outdated and small. The amount of storage for clothing in the bedroom (in a suite that is to hold 6 people) is one small wardrobe. This doesn't work so well for a week long trip. My biggest complaint is the bathroom. Seriously? This is a assisted-living center converted into a hotel... and they did the cheapest renovation possible. The shower was nothing more than a handicapped bench with a curtain that doesn't reach the bottom (so water fills the entire floor of the bathroom at least 1/4 inch.) No exaggeration. They only had three towels in the bathroom (again for a room that can fit 6 people?) and we had to use everything possible to try to keep the water closer to the end of the bathroom where the shower was located. When I tried to politely mention something to the front desk (who rarely make eye contact and rarely say hello to guests to begin with) he acted like I was out of my mind in asking about the shower and water situation. Seriously, no tub or tile ridge to keep water in? Unreal. This coupled with the terrible customer service...is hard to justify spending $200 a night for something done so cheaply and then advertised as something better than it really is. Management cut as many corners as possible in this make-over and it shows! I didn't even mention our floor was dirty the first night - we have a one year old who was crawling around and loaded with black hairs... and we are all blondes. Ewww. We didn't even say anything about that.I try not to be overly critical, but I am so disappointed with this hotel and felt others should be warned. I spent a good amount of time today tryin' to find another hotel nearby to move to, but unfortunately they are all full. So please, heed our warning, please promise you'll take your hard earned money and spend it elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a small, quiet, Boutique Hotel in the Galleria. Its within short walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. Room was very clean and guest services were on top of everything.

I'll be back soon!

Room Tip: The Galleria is a busy part of town but you could not here any street noise from upper level floors.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed here for four nights, and got a great rate on Hotwire. The location is great -- easily walkable to the Galleria. I really like the Indigo concept. The decor is totally original -- lots of blues and violets, which are very soothing.

Interestingly, the rooms have hardwood floors. I've never encountered that in a chain hotel before, and I liked it. I was worried that I'd hear the footsteps of the people in the room above me, but that was never an issue.

The room had a very comfortable bed and a good amount of storage space. The bathroom didn't have any towel bars -- just hooks. Everything was really clean. TV was not a flat screen, but there were a lot of channels.

The restaurant downstairs was a bit pricey, but had long hours and would provide room service. One morning I ate breakfast there, and there was only one woman working there. Service was slow as a result. But she was friendly and apologetic.

There are a ton of hotels in this area, but this is one of the newest, and is a great value. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: There can be some noise from the parking lot in front of the hotel -- try to get a room that is on a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2011

location is perfect within walking distance of the galleria. booked the hotel through priceline so the price was unreal (note, i have no idea real price). hotel had a boutique hotel feel. very good vibe! check out the argentina cafe across the street for nice breakfast.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business