“A refeshing haven”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #44 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have stayed at many similar priced hotels in Houston but the Indigo is the one I keep going back to. The decor is bold ,clean and refreshing. The friendly and helpful staff always make my visits enjoyable. The hotel is in a great location - walking distance to the Galeria and it has free safe car parking and free wifi. The rooms are well designed and well equiped although as some reviewers have mentioned the a/c units can be noisy. Most importantly the beds are extremely comfortable and have quality linens. The bathrooms are spacious and have power showers plus plenty of thick towels and aveda toiletries.

I give the hotel 5 stars because overall it is a great hotel that is hard to beat for the price at such a convenient Houston Galleria location. Looking forward to returning!

Room Tip: If you want a little extra space and a quieter room upgrading to a corner suite is well worth the ex...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank indo555
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you very much for your positive feedback within your survey. I am honored by your words towards the hotel and I will (for sure) share them with our staff members. I am working on those a/c units. Again, thank you very much! S.Bowden GM.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We pre-booked from the UK our first two nights in Texas at the Indigo. The info I viewed on the internet did not inspire me - it looked too garish - not my sort of decor. However, in reality it is lovely - yes, a bit different - but quirky and really nice! The rooms are all different - beautifully appointed - good TV channels - good coffee (in mugs, not disposable cups - deep joy!) The beds are quite high, so be aware of that! Free parking. Location next to the Galleria superb - not that we were in Houston for shopping but great to have a 'mooch' arround on arrival and some quick food in the Food Court (we were too tired to eat in a restaurant). Not good for getting Downtown which is some distance away - we drove and did find parking easy but it wasn't cheap. Well worth visiting the VISITORS' CENTER if you are going Downtown. Unfortunately, by the time we found it our parking was fast running out. They gave us loads of tips - free on/off bus around the city, many different places to visit. Due to the heat and the time difference (we were shattered), we didn't really make the most of our time in Houston - but we loved it. However, towards the end of the holiday we did manage to visit the other places she had suggested - the Port of Houston Ship Channel runs a free boat trip which was incredibly interesting. You need to pre-book (something which wasn't plain on the info given) as they need to do security checks. We turned up the first time - and although they had room, because we weren't on their list they wouldn't take us. So disappointing. We were told the next week was completely booked and as we were returning to the UK in 4 days time we had lost our chance; however, a lovely memeber of staff called us back and said they had managed to get us on the next day's trip. WEll worth it! We also managed to get to the San Jacinta National Park and Memorial. Leave loads of time if you can. You can travel to the top of the tower (lift) - stunning, breath taking views over esturary, the battlefield, towards Houston - amazing; there is a film about the history and battle and a very good museum. Also, just down from the Memorial is the Texas Battleship - again well worth a visit! We loved Houston and the surroundings.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive feedback within your survey. I want to send an extra THANK YOU for not only viewing and commenting on the photos of the hotel; however, I am impressed that you did not allow the images to steer you away from booking and staying with us. For sure, I will share your comments with our staff members. Also, I learned a bit from your comments as well. Thank you again and I am appreciative that you enjoy returning to the Hotel Indigo Houston! S.Bowden GM

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I like this hotel a lot. I usually have pretty good luck getting it on priceline for a terrific value which makes me like it even more. The front desk staff has always been very helpful and attentive; I find the decor to be quite refreshing; the beds and bedding are super comfortable; i really like the laminate floors in the rooms (as opposed to the standard: stained carpeting); the rooms are somewhat small but cozy with high ceilings so they don't feel tiny. The reasons I can't give it a 5* rating is, as others have mentioned, the air conditioning unit is right next to the bed and pretty loud. It also seems that the general climate control is a bit touchy. The bathroom is fairly large but the vanity counter is tiny and I would really like a door or curtain on the walk in shower to make it feel less cold. And it literally took about 3 minutes to get the water in the shower hot through the low-flow (but good pressure) shower head. Also pretty slow hot water in the sink. We were on the 3rd floor and I don't know it that made a difference. But overall a very nice property.

Room Tip: The hot water may come faster on some floors than others. It was very slow on the 3rd.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you for your comments and feedback within your survey. I do apologize for the noisy a/c unit within your room, as well as the delay of heated water. I noticed this past stay of yours, the hotel was experiencing a slight hot water issue that was eventually resolved. I will share your feedback with our staff members. Again, thank you for such positive feedback. S.Bowden GM

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed for three nights and it was great! Had the executive suite and was plenty of space! Best bet for price and location! Near the galleria and all of the major interstates!

Pros:
Comfortable bed!
Safe Locafition
Close to the Galleria( 2 min walk)
Super helpful and friendly staff
Bar is superb

Cons: (small not important ones)
No free a breakfast (but resteraunt is still amazing!)
Small Pillows

This a must stay in Houston! I will definitely stay here again! As a priority club member, was treated wonderful and everyone was so extremely helpful!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Thank you for your positive comments within your survey. I really appreciate you taking the time to express your pros and cons of the hotel.We will work on those small pillows! GM S.Bowden

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I booked this hotel via Priceline and was pleasantly surprised by the place, especially after seeing a few negative reviews on tripadvisor. The staff was friendly and the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. It is situated right next to the Galleria, so shopping and dining is all within walking distance. I would definitely book this hotel if I was traveling to Houston again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to stay with us based upon some of our reviews listed on Trip Advisor. Based upon your positive feedback, I am honored that you were able to find your stay with the hotel and the staff enjoyable. I will share your comments with our Associates. Thank you again, GM. S.Bowden

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Booked Indigo at the Galleria for two night on a short Transatlantic trip as my preferred hotels in the area were all fully booked. I experienced friendly service, a comfortable bed and a big size room with a separate bed room and a nice bath room. The location is good with lots of good restaurants close by and with a short walk to the Galleria. Free and decent speed WiFi. I had a rental car and there is an outside, but well lit parking area. For me the breakfast was a disappointment. When on a business trip I would like a good and well organized breakfast as the start of the day. Indigo Houston's selection didn't fit my requirements and taste. Not like it was bad, but more the selection.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Greetings and thank you for your feedback within your comments on Trip Advisor. I personally want to thank you for choosing us as a second option as your preferred hotel was booked! My apologies on the F&B selections. We will work towards a better selection. Thank you again. GM S.Bowden

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Came to Houston to visit our son and his wife for the week-end and wanted to stay near the Galleria. Found The Hotel Indigo on line. We'd heard of this chain, the price was right, it sounded nice so we decided to give it a try. It met our expectations in every way. Location couldn't have been better, near their apartment and within walking distance of the Galleria. Cool decor, bright and colorful with a cheerful, nautical feel. Nice change from bland beiges and neutral tones. Rooms weren't large but were big enough and very clean. Beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom clean. Showers were huge but a bit odd, designed with no shower doors. Great water pressure though. Never heard our neighbors when in our room but as soon as we stepped into the hall we could hear people yelling at each other in their room or a baby crying.

There was a small restaurant but the only time we used it was once for to go coffee and some breakfast bread to take to our room. We had little contact with the staff as we simply weren't there much but what we had was pleasant and efficient. It was fresh and attractive on the outside of the hotel with a very pretty entrance and it felt safe.

If we had any complaint it related to the room temp which we could never get very cool. It was livable but a little cooler would have been better and the temp in the hall outside the room was plain old hot. jAll in all we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Greeting! I wanted to take the time to Thank You for your comments within your Trip Advisor report. My apologies for the a/c issue you had experienced, along with the noise level within the hallway from the baby. For sure, I will share your feedback with our staff members! SB