“Great hotel.... until you switch on the A/C”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #45 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Everything was great... but the A/C is really noisy and woke my wife and me up in the middle of our sleep... we switched it off so that we can get some sleep. Maybe it's just my room. Other than that, the hotel is fabulous! It feels more like home than a hotel, my son was so fascinated by everything... played in the cabinet, in the bathroom.... located just besides the Galleria and you're in the middle of most happenings in Houston.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria

Reviewed 11 November 2010

The colour scheme is most unusual but this is what makes it even more interesting. The hotel looks lovely from the outside and nice and cozy in the inside. The bedrooms are very spacious and comfortable. We loved the bed, so comfy. Didn't feel like getting up in the morning after a good night sleep.
The location is also ideal, 2 minutes walk from the Galleria shopping mall.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has a bit of fantassy and loves colourful things.( I think boring people might prefer something more conservative.) I would stay here again and again and again....

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I booked this room for myself and three other colleagues using Hotwire. We got an excellent price and I was pleased with the location.

The day of our stay, I called the hotel twice to inform them that I'd be arriving late in the evening, after 11 pm. They assured me that me reservation was confirmed and that my room would be waiting.

When my party and I arrived at 11:30 pm, I was informed that my room had been given away. "There's nothing we can do." said the night shift woman. She was perfectly sweet and sympathetic, but that didn't change the fact that we were four exhausted travelers without a room.

We ended up sharing a small one bedroom, with two of my colleagues sleeping on the floor, on blankets lent to us by the security staff.

In the morning, the day manager apologized and offered us some free breakfast. This was a nice gesture, but frankly, I was furious at having been duped. I did obtain a refund from Hotwire.

The hotel is clean and safe, with funky "early 90's" decour. If you get a good price on the web, you'll likely be pleased.

But be forewarned: Reservations are NOT guaranteed, and this could make for a miserable evening in the event you're traveling with small children or colleagues and/or arriving later in the evening. This is the sole reason for my single star rating.

Think before you click!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank EricHearst
HotelIndigoHouston, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria with the TripAdvisor Community.

The third party internet sites like you used to book our hotel offer fantastic deals, but also have terms and conditions in exchange for those deals. On the sites that you do not know exactly which hotel you are getting until after you have chosen a rate - room types are not guaranteed, and that is clearly stated in the terms and conditions provided by those web sites. Hotels will do the best we can in accommodating requests, and we do wish we would have been able to accommodate your room type request at Hotel Indigo for your stay.

When a specific room type such as smoking or non smoking, number and types of beds, suites, etc are truly needed - guests staying at any hotel - regardless of the brand - are usually better served by booking through the actual Hotel Brand Websites, Central Reservation Offices, through the hotel directly, or through Third party sites that you can identify the specific hotel and the specific room type instead of booking through the last minute deal or auction type sites. If you don't have hotel location or room type specific needs - the last minute type of clearance sites and the auction types of sites offer great values and special deals on rooms that would otherwise remain vacant.

I am glad to hear that the staff was still accommodating and polite during an uncomfortable situation, and that another member of the management staff made gestures to in hopes of improving your situation the following morning.

Thank You again for taking the time to post your review, and hopefully the additional information included in this response about the different types of internet booking channels and different types of Third Party Websites is helpful to the TripAdvisor community.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

We stayed for one night at the Indigo Hotel at Houston Galleria in mid October 2010. The hotel is so very close to the Galleria and is close to highways 59 and 610. We had booked the room thru priceline (where else could you get a room for $45?) and so when we arrived we requested a room with a king or a queen bed and our request was accepted by the front desk. The colors and the decor was very different from most hotels and my wife loved both. Our room was in the fifth floor which looked like a floor with handicap access. Our room was great and my wife again loved the decor and the colors. The king bed was comfortable, though my wife felt it was a bit harder than she would have liked. The bath and the shower were handicap accessible and so had an Asian/European hand shower which wasnt very comfortable for us. The toilet flushed stopped working just about when we were getting ready to leave so it didnt inconvenience us greatly.

All in all a good place to stay. I would have thought it was a 2.5* hotel (comparable to a Courtyard by Marriot) and not the 3* that it was advertised as in priceline. I would give it a 7 out of 10. They offer free parking and free wired internet connection but there is no swimming pool.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krisans5
Reviewed 23 October 2010

From the pictures on the web, I thought this was a fairly new modern hotel. It is an older hotel redo. A/c kept us up as it cycled on and off; noise in the hall came right into the room. There was mold in the tile grout in the shower. . Pillows were little bitty. The mattress was uncomfortable. Hotel not well maintained in general.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Excellent location, just around the corner from the Galleria. Pristine, neat, tidy! Just an overall great experience!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Just want to say ,what a very clean and friendly hotel ,the staff are probably the most helpful and friendliest out of all the hotels we have stayed at-particulary with 2 young boisterous children running riot ! . Particular mention must go to the restaurant/bar staff who were very good (and patient).We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to houston and would
definetely recommend this hotel to any visitors to houston.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family