“A nice room across the street from the Galleria” 5 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria
Ranked #56 of 501 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indiana
“A nice room across the street from the Galleria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This Homewood Suites is on the west side of Houston just across the street from the Galleria Mall - a huge upscale shopping mall. It's only about a 15 minute drive to downtown; add lots of time if the traffic is slow which it usually is in Houston. My wife and I stayed for 3 nights; we used to live in this part of town about 25 years ago, so we know the area well.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was acceptable. I think I paid $109 per night, so this was a very good deal for a suite. The kitchen had a full-size fridge, a stove and microwave.

We dined at three excellent eateries while staying here. Bubba's Texas Burger Shack is about one mile south on Sage Road at Westpark Blvd. It's a rustic roadside shack that serves outstanding buffalo burgers and cold beer. It's been around for about 25 years. The El Tiempo Cantina about 2 miles east on Richmond Avenue serves some of the best Tex-Mex meals you can find in the entire Southwest. The Goode Company on KIrby Drive just south of Hwy 59 about 4 miles east of the hotel serves excellent barbecue. It's all about the smoked meat.

We didn't stay at the Homewood Suites just to eat at the terrific restaurants, but we know where the locals go when the get hungry.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ordeal_seeker
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you Ordeal_seeker, for sharing about your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit in Houston. As a former Houston resident, it is wonderful the insight you are able to share about the attractions in the area as well as the restaurants nearby. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Houston and our property on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
Johnstown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

This location provided answers and a friendly atmosphere on our first trip to Houston arae. The staff is extremely helpful and very positive. Facility was excellent in all ways. Extra laurels to service staff manning breakfast area and several of their front staff. Location near Galleria allows walking to mall.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Gene K
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Gene, thank you for sharing about your recent stay at our property! I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast served daily as well as our convenient location near the Galleria Mall. Our team hopes we have the opportunity to welcome you "home" on your next trip to Houston!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

From the second I got to reception I received an unparalleled level of service. What really sets this hotel out from any other are the team of people working here to make your stay the best possible experience. The reception staff, management, housekeeping, restaurant staff were all fantastic people who deliberately went out of their way to help in any way whatsoever. I was made to feel valued, appreciated and respected and I cannot rate the staff highly enough, they really have the 'WOW' factor. The hotel itself is very nice, a very clean place with simple decor and overall a very comfortable atmosphere. I also can't stress enough how well looked after this place is, the hotel is extremely clean, the suite was large and very comfortable, the amenities in the room and hotel were also very good and kept to a high standard. I spent 5 weeks here and they were a very comfortable relaxing 5 weeks considering I was working. Thank you to everyone at the homewood suites galleria for your hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

3 Thank Jamie C
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for sharing about our property,Jamie C! It was a pleasure having you as part of our Homewood Family during your stay with us. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and the wonderful amenities our property has to offer, including complimentary breakfast served daily and dinner served Monday through Thursday. While I am sure you are happy to be home after such a long business trip, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again when you return to Houston!
Rosario, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went with my family and we got a great surprise with this hotel, the rooms were newer than the embassy across the Street and the Price 50% less. The breakfeast was nice and even they dont have restaurant you have many in the same block. The kitchen and fridge always a plus when travelling with kids and babies. The front desk was very helpfull, the only dissapontment is that they couldnt recommend us some attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank luchita80
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Luchita80, thank you for taking a few moments to share about the experience you and your family had at our property! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, especially the full kitchen. Although, the Galleria Mall is one of the only attractions within walking distance of our hotel, I hope we will have the opportunity to host you on your next trip to Houston!!
Warminster, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

When you can not be home you need to be here. They greet you at night and ask how your day was, and mean it. They wish you a good day as they feed you in the am. They are always there to chat with you and help you any way they can. This is my home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Robert R
Thank you for sharing about your stay with us Robert! We enjoyed having you as a part of our Homewood Family during your stay with us. We hope you will have the opportunity to come "home" again soon!
Houston, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I just wanted to tell you what a horrible experience I had at your Homewood suites Galleria area Houston, TX. I had scheduled a 2 day points stay and paying for 2 days. I had to come to Houston for my nephew who is being treated for cancer at Tx Childrens in Houston. We checked in late because we drove in from Daphne, Al. When we checked in we found a bed bug in the bed. We notified the front desk and took the bug to the front desk, she told us that we were going to have to be moved to the marriott courtyard next door because they had no rooms. I said as a gold member of Hilton Honors I expected to stay within the Hilton family and told her that the Double tree was a block over. She did some checking and quickly found a handicap room at her hotel instead of sending us to the doubletree. So we get to the room at about 11:30pm after an 8 hour drive and apparently the we were not checked into that room in the computer system because we were called about 4 times throughout the night by the front desk asking if the room was occupied and again at 6:45AM. This is unacceptable. I informed the front desk of the complications we had and told them I would like to be moved to a 2 room suite and the person (alanzo) agreed and stated that my entire stay would be taken care of. When then left the hotel to visit my nephew at the hospital and when we returned Kashifph gave us our new keys and told us that pest control came to our original and there was no sign of ANY bugs. His tone of voice and mannerisms made it seem like his was accusing me of making the bed bug issue up. I informed him that I gave the bug to the front desk and then he said well we are taking care of your 2 day stay for points and insinuated that I should be more than happy that the hotel was doing that . So we went up to the new room, which was not a 2 bedroom as stated that we were being moved to. When I called and asked about it, I was told the hotel was only going to look into that, not acutally do it. The next day I spoke to the assistant general manager Ms. Carlin and recounted the above and basicly she just said sorry you didn't like would we were doing to satisfy you, and offered to buy some movie tickets, which we accepted. I have been an honors member since 2002 and have been a Diamond VIP and close to buying the hilton time share, but since that time my stays at Hiltons have gone down hill and more often than not I have experienced poor customer service along with a general decline in cleanliness. I told Ms. Carlin that we will be using the last of our Honors Points and then we will be switching to Marriott Hotels. I doubt this email will do anything but hope that it lets the leaders of this organization know that there are real issues that need to be addressed

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

3 Thank Michael S
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at our property. We truly appreciate your feedback and your loyalty as a Hilton Honor’s member. I would like to apologize for the issues and inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to make each stay for each guest as enjoyable as possible, and unfortunately, we were not able to do so for you and your family. We understand in the midst of medical treatments, moving from room to room can be quite inconvenient and tiresome. Upon receiving your notification of discovering a bug in your original suite, we had the room professionally cleaned and thoroughly inspected. A 3rd party Service Specialist confirmed the guest room is clean and free of any pests. I hope you and your family were able to enjoy a movie on us during your visit to Houston and that you will consider trying Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston near the Galleria again. Our management team has been alerted to your review, and we thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We will utilize your comments to review our standards and procedure in handling similar situations in the future. For this, we greatly appreciate your honesty and attention to details throughout your stay.
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I got the 2 bedroom suite and it was enough space for the 5 of us. The little kitchen and big fridge are very convenient. Parking os included in the room rate which is very nice considering how close it is to the Galleria. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I recommend that hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking a few moments to share about your stay with us, Claude! I'm delighted to hear our Two Bedroom Suite was perfect for accommodating your family. Our kitchen area is perfect for families or guests who are with us for an extended time. Our parking is only included in certain room rates, but I'm happy to hear you had booked a reservation where it is included! We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Houston!