“Not worth it!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 501 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Not worth it!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

1st if I knew how much this hotel charged u to park per day I wouldn't have stayed there. Its 15dollars per day and there is no other parking option. Then they charged me almost a full day for a late check out. And the charges take almost a whole week to post. They should have been more informative and considerate. They lost me as a customer forever

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Teri C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize in regards to the parking rate if you were not aware of it from the beginning. Being in the Galleria area, the parking rates range from $12 to $25. We do have a secured covered parking garage attached to our hotel which a reason we charge $15. We also would like to apologize about the charges for your late checkout as we do have a policy in place for additional late checkout charges based off the time you requested. We do hope to get another chance from you and your family to stay at our Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria and we hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The entire staff was very friendly, courteous, pleasant, and helpful. When I arrived at 7:15, I was told that the manager's reception (dinner) closed at 7:30. (This was very helpful to me because I had planned to eat in the hotel.) Also, someone called me the morning I was due to arrive and asked if I had really intended to book a smoking room. I didn't, so they changed me to a non-smoking room and gave me an upgrade. Excellent first impression! I did not meet anyone on the staff who was not extremely pleasant and helpful. I chose this hotel because it was the best price of all Galleria hotels but I will recommend it because it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Teri C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Norman, thank you so much for your fantastic survey. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including the helpfulness and friendliness that our staff was able to provide. We do strive to be the friendliest hotel and are very pleased to hear we were able to acheive this goal during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future at our Homewood Suites near the Galleria.
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

All of the staff here are obviously attempting to "wow" the customers with their efforts at good service, and they do a very good job and are very attentive. Housekeeping was great.

I stayed here to avoid having to drive to dinner in the evenings. There's a wonderful Argentinian restaurant right next door (Tango and Malbec I think) that has great tapas, salads, wines and cocktails. I ate there three times and the only thing I had there that I did not love was the steak. The tapas and salads were awesome.

This is a two block walk to the Galleria, you can enter through the Westin. However, the Galleria is just a mall - and malls can be very annoying if you are not 15. However, there is a great Del Frisco steakhouse and Cheesecake factory attached to the mall. The steak I had at Del Frisco was excellent.

The free breakfasts were so so. I ended up mostly sticking with coffee, orange juice and cereal and melon or pineapple plus whole apples and bananas. The eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage were not very good. I didn't try the dinners but they do have two kegs of free beer in the evenings.

There's a Walgreens two blocks away where you can buy sundries. The rooms have a full sized fridge, range and dishwasher.

This is about as walkable as Houston gets. And a nice choice for a hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Teri C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Chris thank you so much for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. At our Homewood Suites Houston galleria, our mission is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel and it seems like we have acheived that mission during your stay. We are pleased to hear you were able to walk to all of the wonderful restaurants and sites that we have in close proximity to our hotel. Thank you so much for joining our daily complimentary breakfast and sorry that you did not get to enjoy it to its fullest. We hope to see you again in the near future at our Homewood Suites Houston Galleria.
Fullerton, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Was a delightful stay. The room was spacious, clean and the ceiling fan was a welcome and unexpected addition that made it much easier to sleep. The staff was knowledgeable, helpful and fun. I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Teri C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Steven, thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to here that your business stay was delightful. We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our spacious rooms and that our staff was able to help you in any way possible. We hope to see you again in the near future at our Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria.
Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Homewood Suites was a perfect fit for my weekend trip. great accommodations and a perfect location. My mother lives at the Hallmark and visitation was very convenient. Friendly staff and good breakfasts. Parking is a little tight, just requires some mad parking skills. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Teri C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
William thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with at our Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria. We are pleased to hear you were in close quarters to your mother and were able enjoy that family time with her. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Grantsville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a good property to stay at however there is no local shuttle service which is not the end of the world. The parking at this facility is a bit of a joke however, the entrance and unless you have an extra narrow vehicle you will need more than one parking space.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Daniel L
Daniel thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We do apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the parking garage, but we look forward to seeing you again in the near future at our Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

A True Home Away from Home experience! I've stayed in more than 4 Homewood Suites across Texas and not once, have I been disappointed. It is always hard to leave when checkout time comes. I don't see myself staying at any other Hotel &/or suites.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Teri C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Pamela, thank you so much for your review and thank you for being a loyal Homewood Suites guest. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy staying at our brand and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do look forward to seeing you in the future at our Homewood Suites Houston Galleria.