“Well worth staying”

Ranked #211 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Well worth staying”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here on the first part of our trip to Texas. The hotel is clean and bright, the staff are wonderful, very helpful without being obtrusive.
Rooms are clean and well maintained. There is a hot breakfast each morning and they have a number of welcome evenings where they supply a free meal, with drinks, They really go out of their way to make you comfortable.
The hotel is located adjacent to the Sam Houston Freeway and a number of toll roads.

Not a fault of the hotel, but the toll roads are expensive by the standard of other states we have travelled in

Room Tip: Avoid the tolls, if you have a satnav ensure you hit he no button when it asks the question
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dobeadoo
Bruce B, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much for staying with and for leaving such a nice review. I have to agree, our toll roads are expensive! I do hope we'll see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The best part about this Staybridge is the staff. Nothing is too much trouble. Ultra helpful.
Typical Staybridge. Pretty basic but very clean and tidy. Nice touch is the Tues-Thurs evening gratis basic buffet and beer, wine and softies from 5.30 to 7.30pm.
Pool and basic gym on site.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us a nice review, we do hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Noida, India
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I spent 2 weeks of this December there. Its an awesome place to be with all basic and necessary amenities. Front desk is very friendly and prompt in response.

They also give free breakfast and snacks (on selected days). They provide free wifi and have gym, swimming pool and laundry to do your own.

Its strategically located near to a golf course and lake. I find this to be best place to have studio apartments.

Room Tip: Take lake side rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear jainpuneet86,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Our goal is to ensure you feel valued and appreciated and I am happy our hotel exceeded your expectations. We are glad to read you liked our location, staff service and hotel amenities.

Again, thank you for your review. We would cherish another moment to host your next stay when you are in the area again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We visited the area to have Thanksgiving with family. One of the family booked rooms for us here, and I have to say I was impressed. It is very nice, good for overnight stay as well as extended stays. Service was excellent and they do provide a true hot breakfast complimentary. The entire staff was friendly, did not pass a one that didn't say Hi, How is your stay, everything ok? With the rooms including the amenities for a longer stay (stove, fridge, microwave, etc.), you can't beat the price and be comfortable. Highly recommend and be sure to check out the online booking prices!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us, I'm so happy that we were able to be a part of your Thanksgiving and we hope to see you again soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have been staying here for a week for work. The rooms are clean, fairly roomy, and the beds are very comfortable. I had to take one star away because they could use some updating, but it isn't that bad. They offer free wifi, have a little gym and swimming pool, are located on a golf course, on-site storage, laundry, and offer a free breakfast and social happy hour. The best thing I can say about them is the service. I would have probably shopped around next time in the area, but the front desk girl, Nina, was so accommodating that I will return just for her service. She helped me move into a better room hassle free and is a joy to see every afternoon. I would love to write more, but I am here for work, and that is what I must attend to. I just wanted to take a couple moments to make sure this hotel received its credit due.

Room Tip: Laundry is free....just bring your own detergent.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave such kind words. We are working on an "updating" plan by the way! We hope to have the opprotunity to serve you again soon.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have been this place in End of July and start of August 2 weeks. It's a pretty good Hotel. The room are clean and good. you have the kitchen and Huge Refrigerator. there are some small fast food place around the corner. but its close to willow brook mall. but you need a car to drive all these places. also there is a Golf place in neighbor hood. There is no Bar at this Hotel. The Breakfast is Nice.

Room Tip: If you wish to stay away from downtown and for any other business visit. then here you go.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great lobby, great breakfast, friendly hotel staff. Too bad my hotel room had so many issues (and I'm normally not bothered by "small things" at hotels). But this takes the cake.

1. No luggage rack - are you kidding me? I put my suitcase on the floor...
2. Stopper broken in shower - so I tilted it sideways so the water could exit the tub.
3. A/C unit not functioning properly - woke up in the middle of the night, sweating - set on "cool" but blowing room-temperature air.
4. Room phone didn't work when I tried to dial the front desk.
5. Internet passcode stopped working on day 3. Was planning on emailing from my room in the morning, but had to on my phone instead.
6. Floor 4 hallways reek of smoke - if you don't smoke, ask for levels 1-3. I was disgusted by how strong the smoking odor was in the hallway (and I'm not a smoker).

I think that's all. Clean place and great rooms/lobby, but these little things added up and led to an unenjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DJ B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear DJ B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I sincerely apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the AC unit in the room and the has been documented and the room amenities will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A