“Helped make a special occasion a great experience”

Hotel Granduca Houston
Ranked #3 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I wanted to suprize my wife for Valentines day (which is also her birthday) and the concerige was helpful in "decorating" the room for me. Great experience and the hotel is first class. Was dissapointed in the restaurant (not the fault of the hotel) when they had a "limited" Valentines dinner menu and were unwilling to accomodate ANY change. Did the "Italian B&B" and breakfast was nice. Thanks for helping make the time special and I hope to do it again!

Room Tip: Wish I would have asked for a room not facing the freeway...a little noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest:

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Granduca. I am very sorry you were not pleased with our Valentine's menu. We have many guests who spend Valentine's with us each year. We hope you will plan to visit us again soon; perhaps for our acclaimed Sunday brunch on the Veranda. It is the perfect weather now, as Spring is in the air and our gardens are beckoning your return!

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very extra ordinary hotel! No comparison to any hotel in Houston, and one of the finest hotels I have stayed in. Granduca is very personable with an awesome staff who treats their guest like royalty. I only stayed one evening, but wish it could have been longer. The room was very posh, comfortable, cozy and quiet. It was my little haven for the evening....as if i were no longer in a big city. Interior design was beyond gorgeous! The living area was just as posh/comfortable as the bedroom and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud, very peaceful and relaxing. And one other thing to add, the kitchen area and bathroom was marvelous with a superb walk in closet! I had all kinds of ideas of how i would love to redecorate my own home based on Granduca. The pool/courtyard area is another beutiful touch added to the hotel with wonderful cabana's that we over looked while opening the beautiful french doors to the balcony. The next day, Sunday, we had the most awesome brunch in the Veranda. I cant say enough of the food and the staff. This was yet another personable quaint area. I really hate to call Granduca a hotel, its so much more than that, it felt like home. I look forward to staying there again in the near future. I felt like I got a little bit of Italy in Houston.....and that's not an easy thing to do. I am a picky individual, but when I experience something that is exceptional and very different, its hard for me to keep quiet. I have recommeneded Granduca to so many. I must add one other important thing about The Granduca, the cleanliness was over the top!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

We are so delighted you enjoyed being at Granduca. It will be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back to our little oasis in the middle of one of the best places in Houston for shopping, dining, museums and so much more.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very special hotel - like Zaza. Very good and friendly customer service.

Negatives: can hear what happens in neighboring room or corridor.
BF: no porridge. Corridor carpet not convenient for trolley carry bags.
Room lock did not work properly - did not open the room easily.

Very stylish and comfortable room. No separate shower but convenient bath in lieu of the shower. Very cool vintage items all over eg beautiful sink (who would have thought!) Toiletries from L'Occitaine.

I loved the convenient iphone charger in the room. Free wireless internet although it was irritating to need to write your email address all the time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us we appreciate your feed back. We look forward to seeing you again in Houston.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just spent one evening at Granduca -- would have loved to stay longer and take advantage of the fitness room, pool, hot tub, etc. We stayed in a "Traditional Suite" (its name on Hotels.com), which the Granduca website calls a Junior Suite. It was truly posh! Beautiful sitting area and kitchen complete w/ granite counters, cookware, a lovely dining table, etc. I kept telling my husband we should build a vacation home that looks just like that! He said no -- we'll just return to Granduca!

Ristorante Cavour was great for lunch. The service was impeccable. Food was good (not great), but very enjoyable. Lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest:

We are so delighted you enjoyed being in Houston at Granduca. It is always nice to know our guests enjoy the experience of being in "old world Italy" in the heart of the Galleria! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very SIncerely

Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend while attending a family function.

Great retreat in Houston. Beautiful courtyard and pool. Rooms are very comfortable and quiet.

Good location close to the Galleria and lots of nearby restaurants. We did not eat any meals here.

Service was excellent. Would definitely stay her again

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Granduca.
We are so delighted you enjoyed being in our great city and staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and next time we hope you will stay for dinner!

Very Sincerely:

Reviewed 8 February 2012

my husband, 1yr old,and I just returned from a three night stay at the Hotel Granduca. Wow what a wonderful home away from home. We chose the hotel because we needed a kitchen and a separate bedroom and were so impressed by the size, the warmth of the decor, and the sheer hospitality of the staff. First off the hotel is in a great location - for not having a car, it is very easy to eat, dine, and shop right there in Uptown Park. Secondly the staff, from valet to housekeeping, really were wonderful at accommodating us - for example I asked to have a crib in the room and upon arrival the pack and play was all set up with sheets and baby toiletries (which i'd forgotten to pack anyway). Everyone was gracious to us; the maid service would even clean her sippy cups! I was touched and very impressed by this level of service. Sounds small but with a baby these things can be extremely helpful and thus memorable.
We stayed in an Executive Granduca Suite (not sure what distinguishes one from the other.) These suites have balconies and the kitchen has everything u need including an ice maker, dish soap, sponge, utensils, wine glasses and opener, etc. Even a butcher block of knives and paper towels. So nice to not have to think about packing and/or hauling these things. There is no oven or dishwasher. The suite also has an enormous walk in closet. Very useful. I often sat in there to get ready everyday and keep our mess out of the way. Includes robe and slippers. Nice touch and less things to pack! little added details like a selection of books to read, beautiful colorful coffee table books, endeared the Granduca to me so much and made it hands-down our new place to stay when we come to houston for work. Especially with a family. As far as rates, yes it's a little more expensive but i still felt it was a good value for a suite especially with the added perks of the ambiance, the convenience, and the very attentive staff.

Room Tip: We found that booking via the hotel website was a better rate than expedia.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. It is so nice to know we were able to assist you with your every need. Granduca is a wonderful hotel and so much more, as you described. We are all thrilled you and your family were our guest and we all look forward to seeing you again soon. Spring is a great time to visit Houston and Granduca; as the weather is magical, our Veranda and pool area await your arrival some balmy afternoon.

See you again soon....

Very Sincerely

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Very attractive hotel, great location & neighbourhood - with fantastic choice of restaurants.
Generally friendly staff.
Clean, tasteful, quiet and reserved ambience.
Superior room is next to the lift, and you can hear a swooshing everytime it moves. Becomes noticeable if you try to have a lie-in past about 7am (even at the weekend!). Otherwise the room was spacious and well equipped.
Breakfast starts at 6.30 which is a bit late for the early starter!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so sorry you were disappointed with your room.
We hope you will return again to enjoy another area of the hotel and we will make certain we have breakfast ready as early as you wish!

We all look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards: