Hotel Granduca Houston
  • Breakfast included
The Houstonian(Houston)
Average 3/5
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsuptown parkristorante cavourleading hotels of the worldjunior suitewalk in closetromantic getawaybeautiful hotelgalleria areapool areaseparate bedroomfavorite hotelsmall kitchenfull kitchenroom servicehotel experiencehome away from homerooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have been a loyal customer of the Hotel Granduca but my last stay was the worst experience. I reserved a room similar to a junior suite. The tv in the living room didn't work and what was worst was the room stunk. It smelled like some animal died in the room. I expressed my concerns and they would only move me to a smoking room. I explained to them that just a week ago I stayed with them for 3days and I would appreciate a little customer service but unfortunately that did not matter to them. As I was checking out I again told the front desk of the foul odor and that the tvdidnt work. No comment from the front desk. I will stay at the St Regis next trip.

6  Thank Rene I
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Granduca. It was very unfortunate the day you were with us, as we had no other room to offer other than a room on the smoking floor as the hotel was sold out that evening. I do understand the Engineer repaired your TV in a timely manner.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel is by far the best in this area. Really enjoyed staying here and the restaurant was great also.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I wanted to suprize my wife for Valentines day (which is also her birthday) and the concerige was helpful in "decorating" the room for me. Great experience and the hotel is first class. Was dissapointed in the restaurant (not the fault of the hotel) when they had a "limited" Valentines dinner menu and were unwilling to accomodate ANY change. Did the "Italian B&B" and breakfast was nice. Thanks for helping make the time special and I hope to do it again!

Room Tip: Wish I would have asked for a room not facing the freeway...a little noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Granduca. I am very sorry you were not pleased with our Valentine's menu. We have many guests who spend Valentine's with us each year. We hope you will plan to visit us again soon; perhaps for our acclaimed Sunday brunch on the Veranda. It is the perfect weather now, as Spring is in the air and our gardens are beckoning your return!

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very extra ordinary hotel! No comparison to any hotel in Houston, and one of the finest hotels I have stayed in. Granduca is very personable with an awesome staff who treats their guest like royalty. I only stayed one evening, but wish it could have been longer. The room was very posh, comfortable, cozy and quiet. It was my little haven for the evening....as if i were no longer in a big city. Interior design was beyond gorgeous! The living area was just as posh/comfortable as the bedroom and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud, very peaceful and relaxing. And one other thing to add, the kitchen area and bathroom was marvelous with a superb walk in closet! I had all kinds of ideas of how i would love to redecorate my own home based on Granduca. The pool/courtyard area is another beutiful touch added to the hotel with wonderful cabana's that we over looked while opening the beautiful french doors to the balcony. The next day, Sunday, we had the most awesome brunch in the Veranda. I cant say enough of the food and the staff. This was yet another personable quaint area. I really hate to call Granduca a hotel, its so much more than that, it felt like home. I look forward to staying there again in the near future. I felt like I got a little bit of Italy in Houston.....and that's not an easy thing to do. I am a picky individual, but when I experience something that is exceptional and very different, its hard for me to keep quiet. I have recommeneded Granduca to so many. I must add one other important thing about The Granduca, the cleanliness was over the top!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

We are so delighted you enjoyed being at Granduca. It will be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back to our little oasis in the middle of one of the best places in Houston for shopping, dining, museums and so much more.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very special hotel - like Zaza. Very good and friendly customer service.

Negatives: can hear what happens in neighboring room or corridor.
BF: no porridge. Corridor carpet not convenient for trolley carry bags.
Room lock did not work properly - did not open the room easily.

Very stylish and comfortable room. No separate shower but convenient bath in lieu of the shower. Very cool vintage items all over eg beautiful sink (who would have thought!) Toiletries from L'Occitaine.

I loved the convenient iphone charger in the room. Free wireless internet although it was irritating to need to write your email address all the time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us we appreciate your feed back. We look forward to seeing you again in Houston.

Best regards