“Luxuious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Granduca Houston
Ranked #2 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Luxuious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I usually don't stay in a luxury hotel, so my review may not be as valuable as others. I attend a company retreat and only stayed one night. Had a junior suite with a king bed overlooking the front of the hotel and the shopping area. Room was huge and very clean. The kitchen had all the necessities including a Keurig coffee machine with a variety of coffee and tea. There was a dinette table, sofa bed. The bedroom side was not separated with a door to the living area. The closet is a large walk-in and included robes and slippers. There was access to a safe. The bathroom was also large and included nice amenities. However for us short people, the sink is too high.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Mary Grace G, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest at Granduca. We are glad you enjoyed your suite and our comfortable surroundings. We hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards
Mary Grace Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

The suite was the perfect balance of privacy and comfort. All amenities were top of the line and the service was excellent. As a woman traveling alone for this trip, I was very comfortable at all times. Well located for my activities. I will look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa or have breakfast at the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at Granduca. We are so delighted you were comfortable and that you enjoyed being our guest. We all look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hotel Granduca is a very nice hotel. Professional service, nice rooms, etc. Two small complaints - I didn't get turn down service one night and the Acqua di Parma amenities were not replenished. Not a big deal but if they want to compete in the five star hotel market, attention to detail is important. I will definitely stay there again as it is a lovely hotel with great service, terrific rooms and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: The suites are magnificant
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at Granduca. We are very sorry for the noted missteps and we look forward to delivering memorable service upon your return.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

After reading the poor and terrible reviews of some of the reviewers, I've concluded that these people wouldn't be happy with anything or anyone. The hotel was large enough to offer all the best amenities but small enough to be personable and friendly. From the moment I arrived (close to midnight), everyone was welcoming and exceptionally helpful. The rooms are clean, spacious, well appointed. The beds are comfortable (I must find out how to find out where they order mattresses and linens from...I have to have them at home), the food is excellent (pricey but worth it). Yes it's more expensive than other hotels in Houston, but not over the top. The location is upscale and perfect.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Otoira
Anna W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are so excited you enjoyed all that Granduca has to offer and more... It is truly a very special place in the heart of our great city. We all look forward to seeing you again when your travels take you back to Houston.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Who doesnt like to go out and have a little staycation? I wanted to get away and a friend recommended this hotel to me and I thought I would give it a try and I am really glad I did! It was a little hard to find and had to call the hotel with my father, but was able to speak with Derek the concierge and he stayed on the phone with me for 15 minutes helping me get to the hotel! He was a lifesaver and I honestly would not have been able to find it with out him! Once I arrived I was able to check in with him also and he couldnt be sweeter and more friendly!!!
I was able to get a room facing the pool and while it was to cold to actually go swimming the courtyard and pool look like a very great place to be during the summer. The room was very spacious and I loved how the windows open and had french doors to open facing the pool! The bathroom amenities in the bathroom were very lush and I felt very pampered. What hotel has a kitchen inside the room, while I didnt get to use it I now know that when I come back I can use the kitchen!
The service here is EXCELLENT and top knotch. Justin in the bar was amazing, Derek was a jewel, and Eyob I think his name was in the valet was superb!
I will most certainly be back and will make sure everyone hears about this hotel! I also heard they will be building one in Austin and I will make sure I visit it once it is built!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the pool facing rooms!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tcomm
Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience with us. We are so delighted you enjoyed being at Granduca. We have such a great team, who all are ready and willing to make each detail prefect in every way. Attentive service in a magical setting makes such a difference in travel today. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Where can I begin? The room was in excellent condition. I was upgraded to a suite with a full kitchen. The living room had a comfortable sofa that you can actually relax on. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to wake up. They had one of the best amenity: Acqua di Parma. The very best part was that all the staff knew my name. The gym and pool looked very nice but I didn't get a chance to try it. Try the hotel for yourself and you won't be disappointed!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ekwhenry
Mary Grace G, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest

It is wonderful to know you enjoyed our little oasis in the heart of our great city. It was our sincere pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best Regards
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

It might not be to everyone's taste- the medieval armour, old European style breakfast room, etc... but Hotel Granduca was excellent in terms of cleanliness, prompt service and location (across from Uptown Park, which has great restaurants). We were offered a complementary room upgrade for our 1 week stay here, which was very kind. Our room was sunny and bright, comfortable, very clean and comfortable. The only drawback was the kitchen sink was really small and we could hardly use it. The beds were firm but small (my child kept falling off!). We only used the breakfast restaurant once and the downstairs common billiard room was tiny. Not much in terms of grounds or facilities.

We liked the hotel for its quiet and peaceful atmosphere, cleanliness and fantastic location. Nice, posh but small pool.

Uptown park is a very safe area to be in. Would have stayed longer except for the hefty price!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the front of the building and was bright and airy. Loved it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Globaltattler
Mary Grace G, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Globaltattler

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is great that you enjoyed Granduca and the Uptown area. We look forward to your return again soon. Have a wonderful holiday!