Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #83 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a nice Hotel. Typical Hampton appearance, service and room. You do hear planes. You would think the hotel being an airport would have been built with better noise insulation. Having said that, I would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TasneemHussain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you might have encountered during your stay with us.

We know that when you come to Houston you have many establishments to choose from and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued members.

Please accept my sincerest of apologies for any issues that you might have had during your stay with us. Was there anything else we may do on your next visit so that you are Extremely Satisfied? If you are not Extremely Satisfied then we have failed you. Our goal is to not fail any guest.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. We hope to get a chance to show you the excellent service I know we can deliver in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Being the hotel is right next to the airport there are planes constantly flying overhead - they can't help that - but my room had a strong (unpleasant) odor and the carpet looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. Is it too much to ask for a clean and fresh smelling room? Being that close to IAH means that they have strong demand so they don't need to worry about keeping up their standards.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Was exactly what I expected - business traveler hotel at the airport. Very clean, typical breakfast fare - airport shuttle available if needed. Staff was helpful

Was surprised to find the flight path was right over the hotel--felt like the landing gear could scrape the roofline. Discovered a pair of earplugs in the bathroom amongst the amenities the next morning. I slept ok without them.

Will use again if need to fly out of Houston on my next business trip.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I like Hampton Inns. They're nice. They're dependable. You ALWAYS know what you're going to get. But they're not luxurious. They're not fancy. They're pretty generic. Basically, no matter where you stay, you get the same room, the same breakfast, the same friendly service. But the sameness is good, in that you KNOW that the room will always be clean, the breakfast will always have reasonable options, the staff will always be pretty friendly. So, if your object is no surprises, than this is the chain for you and the Houston branch was another Hampton. The only problem (such as it was) with this hotel is that it seems to be on the departure path of Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport (or at least one of those departure paths). I got there late and left early, so I only heard a few take-offs. And the runway which impacts the hotel may not be one which is used regularly. But, you do run the chance of hearing an awful lot of aircraft noise, so if you are sensitive to that, you may not want to stay here.

1  Thank Alan G

Reviewed 22 July 2014

You know what you are going to get at a Hampton Inn. Clean cookie cutter hotel/room with a free breakfast. Not the top of the line, but a good value. The one think that puts this Hampton in a special category is the staff. Everyone encountered was more than friendly and helpful. The rooms were well insulated, so road noise was minimal. Great stay and a good price.

Room Tip: The rooms toward the rear are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I always stay in this hotel when I have business in Houston. The hotel is very clean, the staff are friendly and there are plenty of amenities including a fitness center, pool and free wifi. Highly recommended! Also, the HHonors program is a great incentive!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We only needed a place to stay for an overnight connection on to another destination. Our stay here was perfect: less than 7 minutes away from the airport, the front desk person who checked us in was extremely friendly & professional & the room itself was clean & comfortable. The only drawback is that there aren't many delivery options. When we wanted dinner the only options were Chinese & pizza. We ordered Chinese & it was decent enough. Overall, a great option. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple