“Our 17th Wedding Anniversary” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel ZaZa Houston
Ranked #5 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Friendswood, TX
“Our 17th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Being almost 30 weeks pregnant I wanted to plan a very special anniversary but was limited as to what I could do. Travel not being an option, I went with the ZaZa and couldn't have been happier.

I booked a day at the spa and one evening in a Splendido Suite. Upon arrival we were told that we had been upgraded and were given an adorable welcome package with thier congratulations on our special day. From the check in we went directly to the spa (didn't have time to go to the room yet) where my husband got his first facial (tycoon one is tailored to a man's face) while I had a prenatal scrub/wrap done. We met up afterward for a wonderful couple's massage and finished it off with manicures. We were relaxed and happy from all the pampering from such a wonderful staff but nothing could have prepared us for what we were about to see.

All we knew was our room was on the 11th floor. After having to swipe our card for the Private Suites Access (ooohh...) we knew this was going to get good- really good! I was so excited but I have to admit when we opened the door all I could say was "Holy ___!". Sorry, but it's true!
We were given the Warwick Apartment- almost 2000 sq. ft. of luxury with vintage hardwood floors, original molding from the 1920's, artwork from floor to ceiling, and a private balcony. Words cannot describe how beautiful this room was- as a matter of fact, I don't feel right calling it a room! In the front room (yes, there were four complete rooms) there was a bucket of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting on us. We will be cracking that sucker open after the baby! We were also given complimentary valet parking as well as breakfast for two and appetizers for two at the Monarch Restaurant. As if that wasn't enough, we also found a certificate for $25 in ZaZa Bucks that we used toward in room charges like those bottled waters I can't live without at 2 am! After a dissapointing dinner (not at ZaZa, but that's another review LOL) we returned to our room where I enjoyed a long soak in the gigantic bathtub to soothe my swollen feet and slept like a baby.

We took advantage of the free breakfast vouchers and couldn't be happier. Service was delightful and the french toast was perfect because it wasn't too sweet. I made a point to tell the young lady at the front desk how much we appreciated the unexpected upgrade and how it made our special day even more memorable. This was our second time staying at the ZaZa and this last trip exceeded my expectations; hard to do when the bar was set so high to begin with. We only live about 30 mins away but when hubby and I are looking for a local getaway to take a break from the kiddos, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else.

Thank you ZaZa for such a wonderful time. There is no way possible that your hotel could have done more to make us feel like important guests. It was so nice to be pampered by a warm and considerate staff and truly given the royal treatment making this a memorable experience. And by the way: WOW! What a room!! :D

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a bad room here but it is well worth it to pay for a larger room. We stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
LilMissPicky75!

WOW! Thank you for the awesome feedback. I am so pleased that you and your husband had a memorable 17th wedding anniverary celebration at Hotel ZaZa! The Warwick Apartment is definitely a lovely suite!

As for the ZaSpa, this tranquil spot is one of the many gems of the hotel; I am glad you enjoyed your blissful visit!

Please touch base when you would like to savor another z-mazing getaway, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

This hotel is just so unique and fabulous! The artwork, the chandeliers, the ambiance...just fantastic. We stayed for a friend's 50th BD celebration and the staff was so accomodating and we had such fun. From check-in to departure, it was just perfect!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlooking the museums and fountain are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
626Deb!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am glad you had a lot of fun during your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa! The Z staff loves providing guests with memorable, one-of-a-kind experiences.

Please touch base when you would like to be whisked back to the whimsical world of Hotel ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was 20 years old at the time of my stay, visiting for my birthday with my now fiancé. I will take a brief walk through to provide relevant facts and key points for your possible stay at Zaza.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with immediate service regarding all things: luggage, vehicle, etc. Check in was quick, for which I had no reservation. We spontaneously booked a splendito suite overlooking the fountain drive outside to the right, and the pool through the left in the bathroom.

The room, for anyone not looking for the moderate stay but avoiding the higher prices as well, was quite worth it's value. The lounging area was large, including a large television, bar, couch, half bath, small dining table with seating, and moderately decorated with a classical elegance blended with modern touches. The bedroom was my perfect taste; it was spacious and simple with a king bed, followed by neutrally colored walls and easily dimmed windows through shady curtains. The bathroom was outstanding and the highlight to my trip possibly. A double vanity marked grandeur upon entrance with a large shower and separate large tub, set in marble I believe? It is worth noting, and nothing to complain about, that the windows in the bathroom are next to the pool; therefore, expect noise noise on a spring/summer weekend.

The staff chartered us to and from destinations as needed in the crx Cadillac, a very comfortable ride for two. We visited Vic and Anthony's, where the staff retrieved us and brought us back. We returned to a candle lit room, message and gifts on the bed, and a courtesy bottle of wine which had been dropped off (I had become sick with "strep throat" and a staff member noted my 21st birthday. They found opportunity to make light of my situation).

Our departure was quick and easy, and we were not ready to go. However, we frequent the museums and parks nearby (a great attraction) and we ran across zaza by accident. I ventured in, found the piano, and was graciously allowed to play for quite some time. It was for this reason we chose to come back, and have been coming back since. I hope to be writing a review next year over our wedding reception at Zaza.

Caleb Grant

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank CalebGrant
Caleb!

Thank you for the detailed feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa with your fiancée. The complimentary Magic Carpet shuttle service is one of the many gems of the hotel; I am happy you enjoyed the ride. I am also glad to read that you would love to have your wedding reception at ZaZa! The Z team would love to provide you with a memorable experience!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

This is my second extended stay at the Zaza after having stayed here briefly several times. Every time my room was large and curious - that is slightly eccentric whether in lay out or amenities or decor - and eminently livable for a longer stay (over a month). The 'lounge' for long term guests is small but comfortable and the morning fruit and pastries welcome if not extravagant. And having laundry facilities that function and are clean is a plus! The restaurant in the hotel is good if pricey relative to Houston's other good and great restaurants. This is a party hotel which can be both exciting and annoying: running into party goers (and NBA players) after a long work day! What is good is that my rooms have been quiet regardless of revellers although I have been awakened by late-night celebrants in the halls at very odd hours. Excellent, accomodating staff!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Edward!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your second extended stay visit at Hotel ZaZa! The hotel is definitely an eclectic hospitality establishment. As for the location, Houston's Museum District is a nice place to spend a few weeks in the city!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I would love to create a signature experience for you!
Liberty Township, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Had other accommodation arrangements so I didn't stay at this hotel, but took the opportunity to have dinner here. Food was good, service was great, but would have liked to see a little more in menu selection. Beautiful decor!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
prlady5!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your meal at the Monarch! Chef Jones definitely whips up some tasty dishes.

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to ZaZa booking the splendida suite via Expedia. In addition to the hotel being beautiful, it also has all the amenities you would expect from a hotel of its class.

Valet: I did not have any issues with either of our vehicles. I can see the frustrations some have expressed but valet only hotels are like this everywhere. Upon entering it is cramped with two lanes, valets running back and forth, and patrons standing and waiting. It's felt chaotic but was not. Although, I was the 5 car in wait, it took perhaps two minutes to get out. Requesting my vehicle the same.

Check In: 3 minutes. Pleasant, professional, and informative of the hotels policies and perks. I was thanked and directed to my room.

Room: First, I have to say that the hallway carpet on the 8th floor needs to be cleaned or perhaps replaced. I noticed it immediately. The room was very nice and more than accommodating. Decorated very well, it was not too furnished or worse, bland. Furniture was comfortable and I was pleased that the bed did not kill my back. I would have really enjoyed an iPod/iPhone dock for music. Downside, everything is charged for or extra, a CD, nice lotions, snacks, yet no coffee or preferably tea. Of course it's nice to see something and not care and conveniently charge it. It just is a personal annoyance of mine. Nice room by far.

Room Service: I ordered late at about 1am. Although the gentlemen was not enthusiastic to take my order, my food arrived quickly and the individual who brought it was pleasant and courteous. Food was also great.

Overall, I would stay here again and would surely reccomend. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Txgreen!

Thank you for the great! I am pleased to read that your first visit at Hotel ZaZa was a lovely experience. The valet team is top-notch!

In regards to your room, I will have my team inspect the carpet in the hallway on the 8th floor. A complimentary tea and coffee service--the Butler's Pantry--is available on every floor each morning for guests to enjoy!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I am currently staying at Hotel ZaZa on a business trip this being my third visit but the magic of this hotel has gone. I loved it for it's quirkiness and attention to detail but it has become more of a hotel that hosts events and guests play second to this. I have previously sent staff to stay here when visiting our Houston base but it's the detail that's missing. I am staying in a suite which has the basics the Television has very poor reception "no signal" being the most I have watched on the screen. No tea/coffee facilities in the room basics surely ... No more $3 tray charge they advertise for room service they will add 20% thank you. Breakfast arrived this morning 2 poached eggs and toast, eggs in a bowl no plate to put them on ? Basics ... You have to fight your way through the throng of people standing outside the hotel entrance having just come from another event just to get valet to park your car and enter as "guests" remember ZaZa you are a top end hotel your guests are your business. Will return to Houston again next month on business but not to ZaZa....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
bellamy23,

Thank you for the detailed feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. In regards to your experience at the hotel, I sincerely apologize for the lack of hospitality. We dropped the ball, and that is unacceptable. The ZaZa staff certainly want all guests to have a delightful stay at the hotel.

As for the tea/coffee facilities, ZaZa offers a service every morning - The Butler's Pantry. This selection of teas and coffees can be found near the elevators on every floor.

Please touch base with me at your earliest convenience, as I would like to gather more information regarding your experience at the hotel.