“Impeccable Service and Rooms that "WOW" any traveler”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #5 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Everything was "perfect" during my visit from the valet to the concierge to the impeccable service at the front desk to the "out of this world" room upgrade and to the gourmet tastings within the Monarch Room. I could not have been more pleased with my stellar experience at the Zaza. Each time I visit, I am totally "Wowed!"

I come to Houston around 15+ times each year and I now consider this hotel to be my home away from home. Thanks again to a well-trained staff that provides attention to every detail. In all my travels around the globe, the staff within the hotel and restaurant are truly "the best of best in their profession." Thanks ZAZA for wowing me over and over again!

Room Tip: I love the "03s" in the Splendido....and the upgrades are fabulous too.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles C
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Charles C!

Thank you for the awesome review. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! Excellent service is key at the Z. I am happy we are your home away from home!

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,724)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I would like to say a huge thank you to the staff at The Hotel ZAZA in Houston, TX. We arrived for a wedding on 2-1-14 and were only staying for the night. We had a large group of us that had rooms with you guys. From the time we got to the Hotel until the time we left we were treated with such hospitality by the staff!! Blake had us checked into our room with in no time and assured us that if anything was needed to please let him know! Roger was so polite, he told us all about the room and had our luggage and clothes put away faster than I could've done it!! There were two girls at the front desk that I didn't get their names BUT were so helpful in finding us a restaurant and getting us a shuttle to and from! Shane was always at the door holding it open and making sure that we were good and having a great time, he was so helpful in answering any questions that we had! We received devastating news early Sunday morning of our nephew passing and the entire staff had us checked out and truck ready and loaded for us to get back to our family in Corpus Christi!! You guys have an AMAZING staff and we will be staying with you guys whenever we are in Houston!! Once again, a big THANK YOU to Shane, Blake and Roger!!!

Jim Miller & Bart Floerke
Room 207

• Stayed: February 2014
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

JimMiller67!

Thank you for the AWESOME review! I am pleased to read that you had a great visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. I will definitely commend Blake, Roger & Shane for providing excellent service to you during your stay at the hotel!

Please touch base when you are ready for a return visit, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I can't believe I've been staying at the Marriott during my business trips to Houston! This hotel seemed to fall out of "Hotel Heaven" for me! It has a gothic feel like hotels in Europe, with a sense of humor! My check in was smooth as the concierge Lamar saw me waiting in line and was able to come around the desk and check me in quickly, which saved the day from the unorganized valet who just dropped my luggage in the middle of the lobby and left. When I got upstairs to my fantastico suite I was blown away! The views are absolutely extraordinary of the medical center and Hermann Park, spacious living area and a cozy bedroom and glass and marble bathroom! While ordering room service I ended up speaking to Lamar the concierge again, who seems to wear many hats at the hotel, as concierge, check in and room service lol, he suggested the "hot chick" sandwich which was phenomenal and ended my one night reservation as I slept soon after. I woke up the next morning to a coffee and tea buffet on my floor ALL COMPLIMENTARY!! Why did I have to leave so early? I must return to the "Z" when my travels allow me!

Room Tip: Ask for a themed suite, I missed out on this opportunity!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Percival G!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic experience at the hotel. The views of Houston are definitely spectacular at the Z.

In regards to hospitality, I will commend Lamar for providing superb service to you during your visit at the hotel!

Come on back for another eclectic experience at the ZaZa! We love ya!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

In January 2014, three family members traveled to Houston for treatment at MD Anderson. Everyone at the ZaZa was incredibly accommodating, courteous, and went beyond any customer service I've ever encountered in all of my travels. This included local reservations people, front desk, housekeeping, room service, concierge, shuttle staff, everyone at the Monarch, the spa, and operations management. This was a difficult time for us. Our plans were constantly changing due to the tests and treatments at MDA. The folks at ZaZa treated us like the best family members you could ever have. And the atmosphere in the rooms was very healing, which is just what we needed after long days at the hospital. If there was ever an issue or need, once it was brought to the staff's attention, it was immediately resolved. The rooms are quiet, dark and spacious. The hallways are always quiet. The food at the Monarch and room service is great, especially the daily soup and salads. I had the best pedicure ever at the spa. The beds were very comfortable. The Museum of Fine Arts is literally across the street and well worth a visit. The zoo is five minutes away. We will be traveling back to Houston for more treatments, and we will always stay at the ZaZa. Thank you everyone so much!! I wish all higher-end hotels treated their guests like you do! Give your staff trainer a raise!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

CMcCoy2014!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful, relaxing stay at the hotel. Comfort and excellent service are key at the Z! I am happy the hotel was a nice escape from the hospital for you.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I visited Houston on business after living there for a bit less than a year between 2012 and 2013. Regardless of where your meeting is, I think Hotel Zaza is exceptionally well-located right across the street from the Museum of Fine Arts (not to be missed. It rivals the best I've seen in other North American and European cities). The Menil Collection, another fabulous museum, is also close-by. Some rooms have beautiful views to Hermann Park. The Theater district is only five minutes away. The hotel offers complimentary transportation within a 5-mile radius in SUVs with bull horn hood ornaments (I would argue, however, that the radius should be extended to 6 miles, to cover the Galleria area as well). The Metrorail is also a block away, connecting it with Downtown Houston. I hear that the hotel pool is a perfect place to relax almost all year long (except in winter, since it is not heated). I have yet to try the SPA. The restaurant and bar are a good place to have breakfast/lunch or a drink. Eggs Benedict are delicious there. My only suggestion for the hotel management is to have bicycles available for guests.

Above all, the service at Hotel Zaza is exceptional. The Concierge gave me detailed information on all museum exhibits. Mary Sheffel at the Front Desk was extremely helpful showing me several available rooms to make sure that I was comfortable with my choice. The check-in and check-out process was very efficient thanks to her. She struck me as a very bright and capable hospitality professional. Anderson took my bags all the way to my room and very patiently explained the different areas and services of the hotel. He had a very professional demeanor and was very helpful. Hospitality professionals, such as Anderson and Mary, certainly set high standards for the industry.

Room Tip: Some rooms have beautiful views to Hermann park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Gustavo A!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am happy to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. The hotel is definitely situated in a lovely area of Houston...the Museum District! Excellent service is key at the Z. I will commend Mary & Anderson for providing superb service to you during your stay at the hotel.

In regards to the restaurant, I am glad to read that you find the food & drinks GOOD!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! Experience the surreal world of ZaSpa on your next visit! We love ya!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

An all-round excellent hotel, whether for a business or a pleasure stay. All staff members I interacted with came across as extremely helpful, accommodating and friendly. My special thanks go out to Rida Bouqdir, the chef concierge, for going out an extra mile to help me untangle some personal logistical issues even though they arose after I have already departed from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014

MoscowAnton!

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! Excellent service is key at the Z. I will definitely commend Rida for providing superb service to you during your visit at the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to plan another eclectic stay at Hotel ZaZa, as I will have my team whip up a signature experience for you! We love ya!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stay at Hotel Zaza in Houston anytime I need to have a staycation just to relax. The spa and fruity drinks in the Monarch keep bringing me back frequently. I'm never disappointed with the front desk associates. One person who truly stood out was Mary Sheffel; she checked my aunt and I into our room quickly, and with a professional and courteous demeanor that is hard to come by nowadays. Mary also made sure that we had a quiet suite away from the elevators.The room was very well kept and the room service attendant was very prompt whenever we requested anything. Having flowers sent to my room, I needed extra help getting everything to my car. Rida not only helped me with my bags and flowers, he also made sure that I had pastries to eat on my way to work. Everyone at this hotel always goes out of their way to make my stay amazing. Overall, a VERY pleasant and unique experience at the ZaZa!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

TXTech2003!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am happy to read that you had an awesome stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Monarch & ZaSpa are two of the many gems of the Za! I am glad you enjoy them both. In regards to service, I will commend Mary & Rida for a job well done!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa...we love ya!