“Best Customer Service”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #7 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I can't express how happy I was with the customer service at the hotel. We were a group of 26, and the concierge was such a dream to work with - made the organization feel like a breeze!

The transportation provided by the hotel was fantastic - always a car available, very nice drivers, an overall great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leila1120
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Leila1120!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am happy to read that your group of 26 people had a fantastic stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. Excellent service is key at the Z!

In regards to transportation, the Magic Carpet Ride Shuttle will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary ride!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,737)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for our anniversary Saturday night. Bed was quite comfee. Drinks were good bar was nice. The staff was very kind we really felt like we made a great choice coming here. Would come here again anytime highly recommended. Thanks very much Zaza!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dave S!

Thank you for the nice review! I am glad your anniversary was spectacular at Hotel ZaZa! We are all about creating a fabulous experience for guests celebrating special occasions.

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the world of ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had some tests at the medical center in Houston and wanted a convenient hotel to the hospital. ZA ZA was it! The even had a special medical rate that saved over $100 per night from the rack rate. Only drawback is the valet parking is expensive per night. But a very large king with balcony overlooking the fountain on Main street, excellent staff, turn down service made this hotel a excellent several star choice for us.
P.S. the club/bar must be a hot spot because it was jumping on a week night. The scheduled tests didn't let us partake too much but everyone else was having a gooood time.

Room Tip: Ask for a king overlooking the fountain. These rooms must be larger than rooms we stayed in on the b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Jerry F!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the restaurant, the Monarch is definitely a happening place! Great food. delish drinks. Awesome ambiance.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will make certain you have a signature visit! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 days during the rodeo. Great location - near airport, museum district with the rail just across the street. Our room was very nice with a great view of the pool and Hermann Park.
We enjoyed the restaurant downstairs. We sat in the covered patio in the late evening for dessert and wine. Service is impeccable, concierge was very helpful and the hotel shuttle was excellent.
Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 14s are excellent 714, 414 etc
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

AFMH!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful time at Hotel ZaZa recently! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Got in just before the rodeo crowd, but wished in could have stayed. No place in Houston knows how to treat a weary business traveler, tired of staying at the mcmarriot, and more than willing to forego their loyalty points to be treated like a rock star. They anticipate what you need and are synonymous with the word accommodating. Monarch makes you not want to eat out.. Gotta say, I loves my Zaza. Maybe one day I'll get to hang at the pool.. Work keeps interfering.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Gerard!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a great visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for work. I live in Houston but since we needed to wake up early and meet until late we were able to stay at the hotel with the rest of team from out of town. If not for this reason I never would have stayed here. I'm glad I got to see it. The decor was very interesting. My room was tiny. I mean super tiny. They apologized when they gave it to me, but it was very nicely furnished and in the end I didn't mind the size. I only ate food prepared for our group by their catering services and it was delicious. The staff overall was very friendly. I went for a walk in the morning and when I came back the doorman offered a cold bottle of water, which was a nice gesture. I probably would have given them an excellent rating but there was a small leak or issue with the a/c unit in my room and dripped water on the carpet in the hallway entering the room. It didn't get in the way very much but I think someone should have noticed it. I did tell them when I left and they seemed appreciative to know. I forget the room number. Maybe 310? Exiting the elevators it was the first room on the right. Anyway, a small point. The rest of the stay was nice. There is only valet parking - which has an overnight charge, so factor that in if you have a car. I didn't pay the room charge so I have no idea how much we paid. I'd say $300 is too high. $250 or less seems about right to me (assuming you had a bigger room). NOTE: There are photos and images or models and art throughout. If you are conservative or traveling with kids, you might not apppreciate it. My headboard, for example, had a mostly naked woman on a chaise lounge. I appreciated it for its uniqueness but some people might not. :)

Room Tip: I believe it was a historic building they or someone made into a hotel. They kept the spirit of the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

SusanilaChicago!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and hospitality of the Z! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

The ZaZa is formerly known as the Warwick Hotel, which was built in 1925. There is a lot of history and charm lurking throughout the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Highlights:
Elegant interior & room furnishings. The suites are large and luxurious. Room service is much better than most, but you'll pay a good amount for just about anything you order. Good news = they aim to please. Customer service is as good as you'll get anywhere. Terrific location as well (near museum district, zoo, & large park).
The only drawback was a sort of fishy, somewhat stale smell in the lobby at all hours. Hopefully it is just temporary, but it was definitely noticeable. No smells in the hallways or rooms, though -

Room Tip: Standard size rooms are fairly small - keep that in mind.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Edward!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort and excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the stale smell in the lobby, I can assure you that the unpleasant odor was a temporary occurrence! My teams fixed the situation immediately.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!