“Rest for the Weary”

Ranked #5 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Rest for the Weary”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

When traveling for business, it is always nice to be taken care of. Upon arrival, the staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond their individual responsibilities to make me feel welcome. Mary S. at the front desk took care of all needs and even upgraded me to a beautiful suite with stunning views of the city. The upgrade was truly a treat but the service is what sets ZaZa apart from other properties in their same category. Everything about this hotel is unique and has a character of its own that makes you feel like your at home. A must when in Houston.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Christina R!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently! Comfort and excellent service are key at the Z. I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Tulsa
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were treated like royalty. I was there for business and some fun. My husband came with me this trip and we were so impressed with our room, the view from our room, basically the works. The Monarch restaurant was wonderful the food was the best and the service outstanding. IWe did not use the pool but enjoyed watching the parties for OTC. The pool at night with the lighting and the fountains around the hotel with their lighting what a view. I am going to mess being waited on coming home to the room spotless so nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
therope!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa & the Monarch. The food is definitely delish!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!
Kemah, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had my first stay at ZaZa this week and highly recommend it in the Museum District of Houston. The rooms are a very generous size with balcony and comfortably trendy. I contrast that with the W Hotel that felt a little goofy (Austin at least) they were trying so hard to be hip. The staff was extremely attentive and food service was first class, well trained and unobtrusive. I was there for a two day business meeting of about 15 of us and we had all our meals in the hotel. Great choice and like eating in a fine restaurant for every meal vs the typical "rubber chicken" you are served in those situations. Many local museums are within walking distance for free time. I didn't use the pool but it's a beautiful setting on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: We had meetings on the 11th floor in the Room with a View meeting room and it was well named. The ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Honestbluedog!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z!

In regards to the pool, come check it out on your next visit! The outdoor area along with the ZaSpa across the hallway is a match made in heaven! We love ya at ZaZa!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel ZaZa the night before and the night of my wedding. Rida from concierge was WONDERFUL. He really really helped me out and I was grateful for him. The hotel overall was not what I expected though. I believe it was because there were so many weddings going on that weekend so the hotel was VERY busy. The night we arrived there was an argument between a drunk guest and the staff going on right before my eyes. The young lady working was professional and handled the situation appropriately. Our room the night after the wedding was set up very nicely and just as I envisioned. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH:) I think that the decor of the hotel isn't for everybody but luckily I'm not one for bland walls and boring decor so I love it! I do wish there was a little more lighting in the hallways, however I think it was supposed to set the mood?? I will stay here again on a more quiet day to see if things are a little different in the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Melissafadipe!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a nice celebratory visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. The hotel is a great place to spend any special occasion!

In regards to the decor, I am happy you liked it! Our style is definitely eclectic.

Please touch base when you are ready to return for a signature visit, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here a few times in Spring/ SUmmer 2013 and loved it. They staff were always brilliant and very accomodating. .The restaurant food was always good, healthy and hearty. The rooms were always well presented and the gym was a nice compact size and had top end machines.
The pool is a real gem, especially in the spring time as its not incredibly busy, until you hit the weekends and its a party.
The clincher for me with zaza is the complimentary towncar service. This saved me a lot of money as I was living in Zaza for a week at a time with my office about 15 blocks away. Whenever i wanted to go out, the car would drop me anywhere in Houston AND pick me up. AND if i wanted to switch bars, the car would come, drop me off at a new bar, then pick me up later. Awesome! If Im ever in Houston, Ill stay in Zaza. The surroundings are also beautiful in the museam district. Great gallerys and Herman Park is nice for a run around.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
timduggan!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had an awesome experience at Hotel ZaZa! Comfort and excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service, I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary transportation! The shuttle will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed for my birthday and decided to take use of the spa services. The spa was very luxurious. I checked in early and they gave me a grande queen instead of the pool bungalow king that I had reserved. Well, the grande queen was very typical hotel room. I decided to go back downstairs and just let them know that I'd wait for my original room. It turns out that they had something even better in mind! Got an upgrade from my original pool bungalow to a concept suite! It was really amazing. The balconies, huge tub, and giant bed were really something to love. I was also showered in vouchers for drinks for my birthday, I wasn't even able to use them all. Ate dinner at the Monarch and was given free cocktails and a delicious dessert, complete with a huge firework-type candle. Valet parking was quick and had my car pulled around within ten minutes when I called ahead. Zaza was a great choice for a birthday celebration.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Stacy W!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently.

The hotel is a great place to indulge in a relaxing spa treatment at ZaSpa, or enjoy a delish meal at the Dragonfly! I am happy you enjoyed both!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya!
Austin
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Suite 803 is absolutely huge, with lavish living and dining areas and North and West views of Downtown and Galleria skylines. Lavishly decorated and appointed with Oriental furniture and antiques, there is a 6 person sectional "L" couch, mirrored dining table for 8, and a crystal chandelier. There are two LCD Television sets, one in the living room and one in the bedroom

Central air and heating are quiet and separately controlled in each room of the suite. The bed was big, firm, and comfortable with a selection of pillow types.

The Monarch Restaurant and bar service was excellent, and the outdoor veranda seating fun. The bar is active and busy at night, and you can hear pretty well in the veranda.

The hotel art is edgy and fun. Multiple shuttle services to Downtown restaurants are prompt, the drivers courteous and they are free. Every staff person we met was helpful and friendly.

If you want to take in Houston museums like the MFAH, this hotel is the place to stay. Suite 803 is a bargain at the price we paid.

Room Tip: Suite 803. There are more expensive suites on the 12th floor, but I don't see why you'd nee...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
GrandTour48!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a nice visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z!

In regards to the Monarch, I am happy you enjoyed the restaurant!