“Wonderful meal at Monarch with a fabulous server!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel ZaZa Houston
Ranked #5 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Wonderful meal at Monarch with a fabulous server!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed one night at the Zaza for our anniversary and had an outstanding dining experience at Monarch with Gideon as our server. She was very knowledgeable and attentive and made great recommendations for food and beverage. And to top it all off she brought out a special anniversary dessert.

Room Tip: We love the 3rd floor rooms. 325 and 312 are the rooms on each end around the pool. They are a littl...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Sherri B!

Thank you for the excellent review! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful anniversary celebration at the ZaZa. I will definitely commend Gideon for providing fantastic service to you during your visit in the Monarch!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This is a magnificent hotel. Great staff. I'm most appreciative of the Monarch Bar and Lounge. If ever you're there ask for Kathleen (Branham)! She's an exceptional server who made the experience an absolutely phenomenal one!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Alexander J!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Monarch is one of the many gems of the Z. I will definitely commend Kathleen for providing superb service to you during your visit at the restaurant!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a great experienced at the Houston ZaZa. I booked it to have my engagement night, Justin the concierge, help me with recommendations and tips of different room selections. He also did a great job decorating my room. Everything was spot on, highly recommended the hotel and staff for this type of occasions. The room was nice, with couple of balconies to the pool. The pool is OK, unfortunately there is no space to make it bigger.

Will definitely come back for a little get away weekend.

Erick!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am happy to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Z is a great place to celebrate any special occasion!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had the opportunity to stay at this property this week. Must say that I loved the property as a whole. I had a suite on the 6th floor. At $309/night, I found that to be a good price. Bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked great and the hotel, while full, was fairly quiet. I recommend the hotel based on the sleep quality and the overall property appearance. One area for improvement is in the fitness area. The elliptical trainers, Life Fitness, were a very old model. I found them outdated for a property of this magnitude. There also was not a fitness ball in gym. I found that odd as well. One big area for improvement is in service at the front desk. The overall friendliness lacked polish, but what really stood out was when I asked for assistance with car service back to Bush airport. I spoke with someone Wednesday nite about the car service. She told me what company they used and asked for my number so they could call. After an hour I did not hear from them. I called the front desk around 9:30 to ask for help again and was told that they had no recommendation but that there were cabs available. After telling her I was not interested in a cab (bad experience in Houston), she told me I could look up in the phone book for a couple of companies and then put me on hold. She came back and said she would give me a number to call and I could set it up. While I don't mind making the call, a property this exclusive should be working to accommodate their guest. I will be traveling back to Houston but will weigh my other choices on hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brian B!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you found your suite comfortable during your stay.

In regards to updates in the fitness center, I will have a word with my team about the equipment!
Also, I will make certain my front desk team is refreshed on the standards of ZaZa regarding guest services. I apologize for the less than satisfactory service you received regarding transportation scheduling. Such an incident will not arise again in the future I can assure you.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you!
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

….for hotel only. Its also a popular hot spot and the crowd it brings….well……I´ll move on and rate the hotel….it´s a fun place, rooms are themed, decent balcony, roomy and very comfortable beds. The parking is expensive, but you can come and go, so its convenient. I never waited long for my car. Staff is nice, very professional. Overall, it was a good time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ShawnnnaLee
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
ShawnnnaLee,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am happy to read that you received excellent service during your stay! Comfort & top-notch service is key at the Z.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

OK, so here's the deal: unfortunately our trip to the medical center in Houston was under stressful and sad circumstances. we made the mistake the first night of staying at the not-as-convenient-as-one-might-think Marriott in the medical center. what a hole. sorry, the rates they charge for the quality of accommodations is outrageous. They treated us very rudely and unprofessionally. So for the rest of our stay (for almost the same rate!) we spent in luxury at Hotel Zaza down the street. WORTH EVERY PENNY. they know how to treat people! they have a coffee station on every floor by 6am so you can stumble out of bed, put on the bathrobe and slippers, and get delicious fresh coffee without leaving your floor. Genius! the parking/cocktail/breakfast package is the way to go. highly recommend.

Room Tip: pay attention to the notes on their website---they are very clear about which rooms are noisier and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jamaicatee!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at the Za. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z!

In regards to the Butler's Pantry, I am happy you enjoyed the yummy coffee! The complimentary tea & coffee service is available for guests on every guest floor.

Please touch base when when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The moment I arrived at Hotel ZaZa Houston the service was exceptional. We previously celebrated Valentines Day at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, so we had high expectations from the Museum District Location. As we checked in we were told that our room had been upgraded to one of the Magnificent 7 suites. We were excited as we had stayed in a concept suite at the Dallas location and were blown away at the size and amenities. The Fatal Charms suite is one of the best hotel suites I have ever stayed in. It included a wet bar, over sized tub and shower, dining room table, a wall window view of downtown Houston, Bose stereo system, flat screens, a luxurious sitting area, and a king size bed. The complimentary bottle of champagne upon our arrival was icing on the cake. We were able to celebrate my 30th birthday in style. The atmosphere at the hotel was friendly as well as upscale. My wife arranged a massage for me at the Za spa which was AMAZING. The next morning we ate brunch at the Monarch which was excellent. It turned out to be one of the best birthdays I have had and I owe it all to the management and staff at ZaZa Houston. When I am ready to treat myself, I will always be a guest at ZaZa. You owe it to yourself to experience this hotel!

Room Tip: Let the front desk know what you are celebrating to make sure they treat you special!
James J!

Thank you for the fantastic review. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Z is definitely the place to celebrate any special occasion! I am glad you had an enjoyable 30th birthday at ZaZa.