Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
US$259
US$231
US$152
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$163
US$140
galahotels.com
1,779 results
All reviewsmonarch restaurantblack labelherman parkrice universityroom serviceturn down servicemedical centercar servicefavorite hotelwithin milesmile radiusthe entire staffgreat customer servicefree shuttlesuitevaletconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed this hotel. Location was ideal - staff were friendly and welcoming - Monarch patio was great - food both breakfast and dinner was tasty - hotel room was huge and spotless. Minutes from downtown, Rice Village and University, Montrose and Hermann Park. Would highly recommend. looking out the bedroom window we had views of the fountains, museums and all the parks. If you travell a lot and stay in hotels, this is a fun property and surprised me. Which is good. Specials touches included candles, chocolates and water in room for turndown service, cookies in lobby in the afternoon, free bikes, free coffee and tea stations on floors in the morning! Valet Parkers patient giving us directions to places! If l was to overnight in Houston again, Zaza would be my first choice :)

Room Tip: Some good package rates that one should look out for
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

School70!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful 3-night stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the Butler Pantry, I am happy you enjoyed the complimentary coffee and tea service!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am fascinated by organizations that continually deliver great customer service, but this last stay at Zaza made me realize why they are a cut above the rest.

From the moment I arrived, the welcome hand shake from the bellman and the intelligent, attractive and fashionably attired ladies at the front desk, who made it clear that they wanted the best for, to watching a valet literally sprint across the street to retrieve my car, the service was impeccable.

As I reflected on another fabulous stay, it hit me. This is not just great hiring and training, these wonderful actually CARE about their guests.

As always, I will be looking for reasons to return

Room Tip: Every room and suite have been excellent
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

tf403!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had an awesome experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I spent our wedding night here in 2010 and had a fabulous time. We stayed again this past Monday and again had a great time. The Monarch restaurant always has a fresh and different menu. We also received a great couples massage at ZaSpa as well. Rooms were clean and comfy. Mini bar items were overpriced, but that's common for hotels such as these. We'll definitely Stay Zaza again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

janesaizan!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am happy to read that you and your husband had a fabulous time at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Monarch is definitely all about being fresh and delicious.

In regards to ZaSpa, I am happy you and your husband had a great couples massage!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Have been staying at the ZaZa for almost 7 years now for business, this is one of the best run and comfortable facilities I have ever stayed. Proximity to Rice Village is great for meals and shopping, but I usually eat at the hotel, always excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Tim H!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that your visits to Hotel ZaZa over the last seven years have been delightful! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed here a few times, most recently in early August, for a business trip. The rooms are average for a nice, upscale hotel, no better.

In my opinion, you come here for the amenities and the quirkiness. This last trip I had a room overlooking the pool on the 4th floor. The room was large and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was oddly laid out- to sit on the toilet required about the same maneuvering as getting in and out of the back seat of a Mini Cooper. My knees were against the wall in front of the toilet while seated on the throne. The other weird thing is how hot it gets at night in the room. I compared notes with two colleagues on the trip with me- both have experienced the same thing on each stay at this property (we're thinking AC is cut back during the night to save money and/or the planet). It's annoying to wake up sweating with the thermostat set on 68.

The lounge is very good. The restaurant is good. The shuttle service convenient. Those amenities and the funky décor are what the Zaza better than other similar grade properties in Houston.

I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

C B,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you find the restaurant, lounge, shuttle, amenities & decor of the Z delightful!

In regards to the layout of the bathroom, I apologize that you felt the space was tight. I will have a word with my engineering team regarding your experience.