Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$107
Hotels.com
US$139
US$134
1,795 results
All reviewsmonarch restaurantblack labelherman parkrice universityroom serviceturn down servicemedical centercar servicefavorite hotelwithin milesmile radiusthe entire staffgreat customer servicefree shuttlesuitevaletconcierge
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Unbelievable stay. We have had dinner on the terrace a few times. We bought a night's stay at a charity function and had the time of our life. We will tell all of our friends. The staff are great. Checkin was effortless and checkout was the same.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2010

The doormen were exceptionally nice and helpful. In fact, all the staff were very nice, helpful, and friendly. The coffee and newspapers on each floor were a great touch. Guests were encouraged to put on the provided robes and get their morning cup which was just a few feet down the hall. We had dinner in their restaurant one evening and all of us were very pleased with the entrees, service, and desserts! My halibut was exceptional. Excellent hotel with a great atmosphere!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We experienced fantastic service! Everyone was friendly and very accomodating. We appreciated the nice rate for three nights which included the Rail/Rodeo package. The check-in staff was a little unclear about the package, but immediately resolved the situation. This hotel is very convenient to the rail system and the area seemed very safe to get around in on foot. We would have liked to spend a little time in the bar area or the patio, but both were overtaken with a large group by the time we were ready to relax. :( What a fabulous find anyway! We certainly plan to return next year. THANK YOU ZA ZA!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I've been a loyal ZaZa customer since they've opened. While I've travelled to Houston less recently, I always stay there every time I come in town. I'm actually about to spend four nights there for the rodeo. I felt obligated to write this review because I've always leeched off of this website and I noticed some people are critical of my favorite hotel.

Despite me not staying there much any more (I moved to Boston), I'm always treated like a rock star the whole time I'm there.

The staff is top notch and I love the rooms and ambience of the hotel. I stay at hotels all over the country and ZaZa is my favorite (I'm normally at Ws or Renaissance Marriotts). (I even pass on my Marriott points when I'm in Houston.) During the week it is fine for business people...during the weekend it's more for the going out crowd. It isn't the hotel for everybody, and I don't think they want to be. Be sure and spring for a Fantastico suite - it's like an apartment.

If you want a quiet and consistently pretty-good hotel, then go to a Marriott...if you want a memorable time, then go to ZaZa. Also, don't miss the pool on Sundays. I've had a great time there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We have stayed at both the Dallas and Houston ZAZA hotels. Several times, all for special occasions. I have absolutely zero complaints. The staff has always been courteous and eager to help. We would not go back to a hotel if we had been unhappy with any aspect of the stay. If we are in Dallas or Houston we always stay at the ZaZa. As far as the mini bar prices go, I looked at the prices and they were on par with any hotel of this quality. The first stay, our room was upgraded wiithout charge or trouble. I just changed a reservation and asked for their best rate and was immediately given a special lower rate.
Last year during Valentines weekend, I called for a massage ( Dallas location) and got one within one hour. This was with no prior reservation.
Most downtown hotels in major cities charge a parking fee. Don't most people expect this? It seems naive to expect boutique hotel amenities at a motel rate. I am sure there are always MUCH less busy, no parking fee motels that would accomodate guests who cry foul at ZaZa rates and service. Heck, there are hotels that give a free breakfast buffet.
I not only would recommend this hotel to friends and family, I have many times.
Actually, I am glad I won't run into any cranky guests who are staying elsewhere due to their prior bad luck at the ZaZa. It's unfortunate for the hotel to lose the business, and I dislike that aspect because of the excellent experiences that I have had. But I think many travelers are going to find something to complain about no matter what. When I get away, I look for things to enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff. It makes for a better time!
Try the ZaZa, it is really worth it. The prices are quite reasonable and the hotels are in locations that are near shopping, restaurants and museums.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple