“Taste of Houston Food Tour”

Houston Culinary Tours
Ranked #6 of 33 Food & Drink in Houston
More attraction details
Owner description: Houston Culinary Tours is the the Houston metropolitan area's best source for food tours, culinary events, pub crawls, & corporate team building events that bring together history, architecture & cuisine in a variety of different venues & neighborhoods. Our culinary-based events & tours have been created specifically for private, corporate, motorcoach, VIP & convention groups of any size.
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

We've just spent a wonderful afternoon visiting five fabulous restaurants in the Heights, with a great group & an excellent guide, John! Each restaurant served a lot of food, several dishes in each place, to taste. We walked to each restaurant & learned some Heights history! We were on a 2.30 tour. If you do the same one, do not eat very much at all before you go!
Looking forward to the Downtown tour next!

3  Thank Hilary P
in 7 reviews
"fun"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

This tour was recommended to us by some friends. Their tour was led by a food blogger. Ours was led by a Houston tour guide, who specializes in history. Very nice guy, but the tour was not at all about the food. I'd never had Pho before and learned more from a woman on the tour with me than I did from our tour guide who gave us a lesson in TX independence. He was an extremely friendly and sociable man, greatly knowledgeable about TX and even Heights history, but not about the restaurants or the food. Additionally, there were only two other people on the tour with my husband and I and they had to leave early. By the end of the tour it was just my husband, myself, and our tour guide. A bit of an awkward time, unfortunately. Not what we expected, though we did get to eat some great food and visit some new to us restaurants.

3  Thank bethanyleann
Reviewed 14 June 2015

I've heard good things about "the Heights", so I decided to get this option (versus Downtown and Montrose). Bought the ticket online which was $65 plus $3+ service fee.

It was wonderful! Aimee (tour guide) and the entire group (13 and the biggest, per Aimee) was a very good one! Only thing is, they should have served 2 tacos at Tacos a-go-go. My fave was the hotdog meal @Happy Fatz! Gelato @Gelazzi was also really good (much better than Baskin Robbins!), but I was stuffed by then. Overall, it was a good one; I enjoyed it! But I think it's over-priced. $40-$45 could be a better deal.

Thanks to the enire Food Tour team for putting-up this event!

4  Thank Nissins
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Amazing. One of the best days I have had in Houston in my life. Went to 3 great spots that they go to as a family all the time. The others on our tour were interesting and fun to meet. Then we went to the Corduas home which was so lovely & they are the most gracious hosts. Truly an amazing experience. Our tour guide, Aimee was great as well & the bus was quite nice.

4  Thank Laurenmb4