“disappointing”
Review of Grace's

Grace's
Reserve with OpenTable
Grace's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 8,287 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Grace's! This restaurant is dedicated to my late grandmother, Grace Mandola. My grandmother was a strong, amazing woman who worked well into her nineties. She was also a lady who lived for her family. Grace was the best cook that I have ever known, and I have been fortunate enough to have met a lot of great chefs, but my grandmother was magical in the kitchen. Her Sunday lunches were over the top. She would bake bread on Saturdays and start her tomato sauce, "Suga," in the wee hours of the morning. This sauce would have tons of braised meats, meatballs, and just the right amount of basil. She would also have baked eggplant, stuffed artichokes, a good green salad, and to top it all off, she always had a pork roast or fried chicken. After describing the Sunday meal, you can see that she was 100% Sicilian, but when you add the roast and the fried chicken, you can also see that she was proud to be an American. Not only was she great with Italian food, she was also very good with American food. And guess what? She was raised by Sicilian immigrants that happened to settle in Louisianaa€¦. the best of three worlds, Italian, American, and Louisiana. Ha! If it wasn't for Grace, we Houstonians would have never had the opportunity to have eaten at restaurants like Nino's, Vincent's, Tony Mandola's, Damian's, or Carrabba's. My grandmother taught all of her family about good food, but more importantly, she instilled hospitality and something even more than that, she taught us to cook from the heart. Cooking from the heart is always the most important ingredient. I hope that you enjoy Grace's, Johnny Carrabba P.S. I could never thank her enough!
Houston
“disappointing”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The $18 shrimp cocktail was so overcooked it was like rubber. The cocktail sauce was salty ketchup. The Brussels sprouts were very oily. The filet mignon was average.

• Visited May 2014

Houston, Texas
“Excellent All Around”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Johny has given a great tribute to his family with Grace's. Very nicely designed architecture and design features. Varied menu with too many options for just one visit. Excellent service. Don't miss the fried pies for dessert.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank zepper50
Missouri City, Texas
“So good!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Several friends came here for lunch for the first time. It was quite busy even nearing 1:00. We were greeted by friendly staff. I thoroughly enjoyed my yellowfin tuna stack. So good and unique too! My friends enjoyed their spinach salad with fried oysters which they said were delicious. We shared an order of fried pie trio for dessert which was pretty good too. I would definitely come here again to try something else as their menu is quite varied.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank houstonnative47
Newbridge, Ireland
“Succulent Food and Great Service”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a busy restaurant and we were treated like Kings & Queens thanks for the most part is due to our waiter Louis. It was a dreadful night weatherwise but he made us wamr nd happy with his jolly character.

The food was scrumptious if one can say that about a class A restaurant. There was plenty to eat and drink. I had a steak which covered the plate. My wife had a starter of shrimp that would have sufficed for a main course.

The food was cooked in eyesight of your table and I have to say it was the cleanest working kitchen I have ever seen in lifetime.

The staff from the Maitre'd to the waiter who laid out the cutlery were so kind and courteous to us. Each table had a visit from the Manager/Owner who spoke with us as if we were his personal friends.

If I could afford to fly to Houston on a regular basis I know where would eat each time.

200 out of ten for this place...... I know I am being foolish but you haven't been here have you ????

• Visited March 2014