“Very good”
Review of Kiran's

Kiran's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kiran's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$20 - US$95
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Mid Lane
Description: Fine-dining North Indian restaurant. Spacious bar and lounge. Wine list with 300 labels. Afternoon tea every Friday + Saturday at 3 pm.
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Very good restsurant. Courteous, great service. First time eating Indian food, so was hesitant. They give you some type of crunchy bread with 2 great sauces to add to it. The flavor and spice combination of the sauce was great. Ordered the Vindaloo boneless leg of lamb finished with our famous Vindaloo sauce for $26. They give you rice with some type of nuts and cranberries not too much just enough. The meat was tender and just spicy enough. Would definitely return. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We've been wanting to dine here for many years...just too many excellent restaurants and Indian food was never one of my favorites as I have struggled with 'too much' curry in a small number of previous experiences. I learned to cook with curry in Thailand last year and that made a huge difference. We dined with friends and thoroughly enjoyed the food from seafood to chicken to vegetarian. I had an heirloom tomato salad with deliciously marinated mushrooms. My entrée was a curried chicken over a bed of rice and vegetables. They brought out 3 different breads and being a carb junkie, I found the garlic bread and the onion breads to be excellent...warm, soft and full of flavor and full of garlic and onions. I wanted to try a sea bass meal but I figured that I would be a bit more conservative until I got a feel for the flavors and the portions. I also felt that the $54 for it was a bit high. The selection of wines was quite good and the prices were reasonable for what we wanted. We did feel that the waiter was in a hurry to get our orders in but we asked him to leave us for a while and he obliged our request. I did feel that the lighting was too low making it difficult to read the menus. However, the food was very good and we will be back.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was hesitant to try this as I am not fond of Indian Food, particularly curry. I was surprised to find a great menu including Iindian specialties but so much more. I had the best sea bass dinner I have ever eaten!!!

2  Thank John L
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I dine here every time we travel to Houston. We live in an area where good Indian food is non-existant and for that reason don't miss out we are in town. She never disappoints us. It is doubtful that you will find a better Indian restaurant this side of London. I noted last time that the menu has expanded to accommodate diners who perhaps do not care for "traditional" Indian fare so if you are dining with someone who is not warm to the idea of a curry, this restaurant is an option and a good one at that. Having dined there no less than ten times over at least 5 years, I can tell you that I have never experienced upselling as some other reviewers have termed it and for the Houston market, it is not expensive at all. Don't miss the pear and stilton dessert if she still has it on the menu and the soup flight is a winner as well.

3  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very expensive Indian food. The waiter was always looking to add to our bill. Tried to sell us bottled water, more appetizers than we wanted and ordered us more servings of naan than we wanted.

Also, when we crossed out the tip he had included on our credit card bill and left cash instead... they still charged us. So we tipped 40% on a lousy experience and so so food.

Left cash tip since two friends split the bill on their cc's and thrid friend left the tip.

Will definately not be back.

3  Thank WhatsWhat