“FABULOUS TOUR OF HOUSTON”

Houston Historical Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #15 of 35 Tours in Houston
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“FABULOUS TOUR OF HOUSTON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Keith Rosen, owner of Historical Tours of Houston, gives personalized interesting and extremely detailed tour of Houston. HE promptly answered my phone query (from Pennsylvania) and via phone and emails, helped to craft the perfect,3 hour tour. DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY PRICE. He is not cheap but considering there is NO VIABLE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION in Houston to get you to anything, my tour cost of $115, including pick up and return to my hotel (in the Galleria area) was worth every cent. Keith is an extremely engaging, intelligent and accomodating tour guide. I have never spent money better. You will love him and love the tour.

Visited August 2014
6 Thank Olive V

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Haunted Tour B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've been looking for a different type of haunted tour to do in Houston and found Houston Historical Tours. My husband and I went on tour B, which is the driving tour that is about 3 hours. The tour includes abandoned African American cemetery, a German cemetery in a residential neighborhood, and then into downtown to see some of the older bars/buildings where supposedly Jack the Ripper came through. We were also taken into the Spaghetti Warehouse upstairs section, that I have actually never seen. last on the tour was the Donnellan Crypt that was rather spooky!!
Our tour guide Chris, was professional and informative, we ended up on a personal tour of myself, husband, and Chris so it was like extra time was spent explaining all of the aspects of the tour, and made it easier to listen. Had no idea there was so much interesting history in Houston, we will definitely go on another tour with Houston Historical Tours.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank shelleymM8254CG
Voorhees, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Get a real flavor of Houston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

As first time travelers to Texas, my group of friends and I wanted to get an overview of the city of Houston in the brief 2 days we had there. We couldn't have found a better way to do it. The web site listed, what I thought, was a slightly unrealistic list of a multitude of sites. However, in the 6 very worthwhile hours we had, Keith, our very capable tour guide, covered everything - and more. Early in the tour, our private party of 8 happened to express an interest in a particular ethnicity. Next thing we knew we were having an interesting cultural tour of that neighborhood. Keith captivated us with his wealth of knowledge with wit, efficiency and professionalism. We got a peek at some interesting things that, I imagine, are not included on most other tours. He stopped where it made sense to do so, or at our request for anything else. If you want a real flavor of Houston, or the many other places Keith offers, you won't get any better than Houston Historical Tours.

Visited June 2014