“Unfortunately, there was only coffee and small muffins for breakfast; which was at the reception... The juices were also 90% wat”

Symphony Inn & Suites
Symphony Inn & Suites
Ranked #398 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've been here once for a family vaca.. I was very surprised by this place; it ended up being exactly what I wanted. It was very close to the freeway, had all shops you could ask for close by. The biggest mall, the galleria,was only a 15 min drive. It was close to Marshall's, Ross, and very good restaurants. A very nice, A+ mexican restaurant, Lopez, was right next door. Their was not tex mex but good food at a reasonable price as well. As for the hotel itself, there was cleaning done everyday (laundry as well), the room had a microwave, tv, dvd player, refrigerator,stereo, iron. The sheets the first night were very clean when we came, as well as the bathroom, and it did not smell of smoke. The carpet was clean as well.The area was very safe and quiet, and people did not loiter outside. The reception service was also very kind. The person at the desk was even willing to drive us to the rent a car 15 mins off the freeway. The pictures of the hotel are exactly how it is; additionally, the bathroom was modernly done. I would recommend this place for its quality, location, and costs. Everything was walking distance, and it's cost was 68.00/night :)

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Karduc
There are newer reviews for Symphony Inn & Suites

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed here during OTC due to lack of accommodation, but very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, comfort of the beds and friendliness of the staff. Pity there was no table and chair for working on.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

A friend and I travelled to Houston over the weekend to pick up a vehicle. We had to cancel our previously reserved room at another hotel due to last minute plumbing issues at the other hotel. I searched for another hotel nearby and found this one only a mile from the dealership. The price was the main selling feature, so I wasn't expecting much when we arrived.
The desk clerk was extremely friendly. The lobby was clean and had a beautiful mural painted on the wall.
When we got to our rooms, we were both pleasantly surprised at how clean they were and the beautiful hand painted murals on the walls. I love the personal touches.
There was no pool, but this is November and we just needed a comfortable bed. The bed was very comfortable. The room also came with a small fridge and microwave.
For the price, we couldn't have found anything better....Even at double the price, I think it would have been a good deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Diana W
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The location was good. Missing Lighting It does not have lamps on the side of the bed. But the King suite was spacious and good comfortable bed. It is missing the Do Not Disturb Signs for the door but other than those two things Everything else was nice and clean! Very pleased with the room. Also, The Decor to the room was Awesome!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mayrakl
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I found Symphony Inn due to good reports from other people on tripadvisor. It was in a price range that was unbelievably low so I was a little skeptical, though the reviews were solid. I booked five nights on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the bed. It's better than the one I have at home and mine is a very high quality mattress. The room was spotlessly clean and the bath area had been recently remodeled with very high quality tile (and a pattern even). It was a suite-sized space, with a love seat, king bed, fridge, microwave, CD player and DVD player. Now, for the fun of the place.... When I turned the lights off at night, stars glowed on the walls and the ceilings. There was a blacklight and some really neat murals on the walls. When I came the first time, I had asked for bedside lights to read by since the room didn't have any. I also could not get wireless, plus had a broken bathplug. When I came to my room later the same day as mentioning it to the manager, the tub was fixed, I had a hardwire cord in my room for internet and two bedside lamps. I was so impressed! Any property can have issues, but it's how quick they are addressed that makes such a difference. This was whiplash fast! Now for the really good part. I came back two weeks later for an overnight trip. When I arrived to check in, the same nice manager had the same room reserved for me. He greeted me warmly and said he had the room I liked, the lamps and the internet ready for me. I was so touched to see what a great memory he had and how helpful he was! You know, it's really great to have people care about what they do and to do it the best they can. I travel a lot for business and I must say that I really feel welcome here, like my business matters. You don't get that much these days, especially for a such a great value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank victoria_austin_11
Reviewed 23 February 2011

found a coupon in a travel guide at the Interstate rest area. The coupon advertised their standard room for $44.99. Since we usually stick with the larger "chain" hotels, we wondered if it could be worth checking into. The Staff was very helpful and let us look at one of the rooms....and didn't try to upgrade us to something more expensive. However, after driving 12.5 hours, we decided to reserve a room with a jacuzzi tub (negotiated for $90). The decor was very different with serene scenes painted on the walls and "mood lighting". The room, bedding, and tub were clean. However, the carpet was due for shampooing and there was no iron or coffee maker. The mattress was a bit firm for us, but overall gave us the overnight rest we needed. The Continental Breakfast consisted of cereal and muffins, coffee, and an open pitcher of juice and carton of milk. Mostly, I'd recommend it for the room's atmosphere and price. But, be prepared to sacrifice a few ammenities and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alabamabeachgal
Reviewed 3 August 2010

The decor is interesting--a sea theme that just doesn't quit. It does have a funky UV light that displays a sea scene on the wall. The water pressure in our room was horrible--it took a very long time to rinse shampoo out and even longer to rinse your body. When we were finally ready for bed, we were shocked to find that the bed didn't have a fitted sheet. It had an ill-fitting, too-small waterproof mattress pad--and ours was torn and not secured to the bed to boot--and a sheet that didn't even tuck in around the mattress to keep it in place. The coverlet was also very thin and we kept having to adjust the AC because the sheets didn't keep us warm enough. But no fitted sheet?? We complained to the front desk, who wasn't concerned at all that we were unsatisfied with the bed. We had to take the torn mattress pad down to them to get another one and then we had to make the bed up ourselves. We were terribly disappointed with the customer service. The bed was comfortable but all night, we tried to move as little as possible for fear of moving the sheet and accidentally sleeping on a bare hotel mattress. Gross. Get fitted sheets people!! Oh, and they don't have a pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank michelleatx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land
Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area
Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8
Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford
Scottish Inns Stafford
Scottish Inns Stafford
#12 of 17 in Stafford

Been to Symphony Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!