“Amazing and Weird!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #390 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Amazing and Weird!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2008

I was touring the US in May 2008, using the Autodriveaway network to get around on the cheap. One of the cars I had to collect was in Houston, and I asked the agent for a nearby hotel/motel, as I would be arriving late, and collecting the car early. The secretary suggested this place, with the caveat, "Don't go outside at night, and keep the door locked!"

I arrived quite late, and took a double room. Well, it really was amazing! The walls were covered in a kind of surreal countryside mural, with trees, fields and lakes. One of the photos on the gallery page shows them, but my room was even more over the top than that. But the biggest surprise came when I switched off the light, because he walls were also decorated with picures of moons, stars and planets, in LUMINOUS PAINT, that glowed in the dark!

And when the UV light (I've NO idea what THAT was for was for!!) was switched on, it glowed even brighter.

Having got over the shock, I had a quick scout round the room, but there were no other surprises - it was clean, everything worked, and the bed was comfy.

I locked the door, only to find that the chain was broken (and as a former CSI, I can say with some authority that it had been forced) so, mindful of the advice I'd been given, I pushed the table across the door!

In the event though, I had a good, undisturbed night's sleep, with no problems. Would I go back? You bet!

• Liked — It really was just too weird to be true!
  • Disliked — The area. I stayed in, but it clearly has a bad reputation with the locals
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ian d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Scottish Inns Stafford
Scottish Inns Stafford
#11 of 17 in Stafford
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford
Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land
Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Stafford / Houston
Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area

Been to Symphony Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Symphony Inn & Suites

Property: Symphony Inn & Suites
Address: 11744 Southwest Fwy, (59 South At Wilcrest), Houston, TX 77031-3614
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #390 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Symphony Inn & Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Symphony Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.