“Felt like home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston West-Energy Corridor
Ranked #105 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Brisbane, Australia
“Felt like home away from home”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I love this place. It's ultra clean, very comfortable, and in no way "up itself" (an Australian term I'm not sure I should translate). When I'm there, I don't feel like I'm some grande visitor to be fawned upon, I feel like a welcome guest with privileges.

The rooms are spacious, well connected, incredibly clean and very, very comfortable. The internet wireless is high speed, low latency and reliable for calling home on Skype with video, and it's free.

Breakfast and dinner are provided at no charge during the week, and breakfast all weekend. It's not high dining, but it's family style with healthy options.

Only 20 minutes to down town on the free-way, and a suburban Walmart 10 minutes up SH6.

It will be my pleasure to return and stay again. It's not as good as home, but it's nicer than some of the high service/sterile other places I stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
NY
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Stayed one night in July on business. Normally I bunk down in the Galleria but since all of my meetings were near this part of town I stayed out west. Perfectly good, new property with large rooms, very friendly staff, clean, and easy access. Perfectly sited if you have any Energy Corridor meetings. It seems to cater to families with a pool, bbq grills, and a basketball court on site but really works well as a business hotel in the area too. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Cape Coral, Fl
Reviewed 29 June 2008

If you are staying on the west side of the city, I can't imagine a better place for a reasonable price. It's a new property, and I can't find fault in any area. The rooms were spacious and spotless (we booked four for a family reunion), the service was prompt and pleasant, and our stay in Houston was certainly made more enjoyable by our experience at this hotel. My wife and I travel extensively, and this one is a winner!

• Liked — It's new and in great shape
  • Disliked — Eggs on the complimentary bereakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Drury Inn & Suites Houston West Energy Corridor
Hyatt House Houston-West/Energy Corridor
TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
SpringHill Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Westchase

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston West-Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!