“Hospitality Superior”

Ranked #139 of 504 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Hospitality Superior”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

The location is Fabulous. 1 block from the Galleria .Terry and the Breakfast Crew could not be more attentive. Many International Guests that were serviced well with bilingual staff. Parking is 16 dollars but you can take your car in and out. Very clean and well laid out room. Great overall Hospitality.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. I can't wait to share your nice comments about the breakfast staff. They are awesome. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I cancelled a reservation I made with Courtyard Houston by The Galleria through the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau and I was told by the Visitors Bureau that I would get a refund within 3-5 business days but 2 weeks have passed and I still have not received the refund, Be warned!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I apologize for the issues with your refund. All of these accounting decision are made through the Visitors Bureau and we don't have any control over it. Thank you for letting us know about your situation so we can relay the information to them.
East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is fine, and Jessica and Matthew at the front desk are wonderful. The other front desk workers appear to prefer chatting amongst themselves to working. The restaurant is only open Monday through Thursday. There is no food service AT ALL Friday through Sunday. There are no microwave ovens in the guest rooms.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TWorkTraveler
Thank you for the review of our property. We apologize for the lack of food service on the weekends. We don't have a strong demand for it on the weekends with many of our guests wanting to go out to the local restaurants. We will definitely keep looking into if there is a need for the food service on the weekends. Thank you for the comments regarding the front desk.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Recently I booked and paid for in advance-a 2 night stay at this Marriott Property through Hoteldotcom. I was unable to make it the first night but showed up for the second night only to find my reservation had been cancelled. According to hotel and Marriot customer service, it was policy to charge and cancel my reservation. I fully expected to have to pay for the no show but when I asked for my room (already paid for!) the following night, I was told that I would have to pay $20 more than I originally paid for the same room. If the room was available, my original cost should have been honored. I have been a Rewards member for many years and have stayed in countless hotels during that time. Losing a long term customer for the opportunity to screw me out of $20 bucks is foolish!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I'm really sorry to hear that you were unble to make the trip to Houston on your originally booked nights. Unfortunately when booking through a third party, you sometimes need to pay in advance. This payment is often very low but unfortunately non-refundable. When you did not show up to the hotel to check into your reservation, it was then cancelled. Because you did not book the reservation through us or pay us for your room, we were unable to refund your money. The hotel did not benefit from this in anyway as you did not pay us for your room. I'm really sorry to hear that you feel that we were taking advantage of you as that was never our intention. You should be able to speak to the company you booked it through to get a refund for the second night if you also paid us. We will be happy to assist in anyway we can.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Close to everything, restaurants, shopping centers, bars, nail salon, hair salons, massage spas. Everything. Great price for the location!! The front desk staff is very attentive, and fixed our toilet issue quickly! Would stay at this hotel again if I come back to houston. Only in town for the pats game!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, value, and found our staff to be so great! I hope that pats game will bring you back to Houston because we would love to see you again!
Carle Place, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I realize you could say that about all Courtyards. But this is not a small property, and the gym is way too small relative to the size of the number of bedrooms. Some more room definitely needs to be created for that.

As far as the Bistro, well, it will arrive there eventually. Not everybody can be first with that!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with our gym. I'm really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy it. I would agree with you that with two treadmills, an elliptical, bike, free weights and bench we do have a small gym. We are going to cut into our offices so that we can expand our gym area when we are renovated. Thanks again for your feedback!
Wilmington, DE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years. The Courtyard experience in terms of the rooms is pretty standard and I had no problems. They have the old dining experience with the breakfast buffets - it's not the Bistro option in many other Courtyards. I was a little disappointed with the front desk. It was not staffed when I went to check out (7:45 am) and then when the lady came, my breakfast wasn't added to the my check so there were further delays. Other than these folks needing a little training, it was a good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your time with us this month! I'm so sorry to hear that we were not properly staffed when you departed and there was a further delay waiting for your breakfast to be added to your check. We will definitely work on ensuring that we always have ample staff at the desk so that we do not delay you in the future.