I don't like to give out five stars unless a place is really deserving. But in debating rather this is five stars or four, there were way too many pros that outweighed the cons, and the front desk staff made the difference.
There is absolutely no doubt that Sydney at the front desk cares about making you feel very welcome. She seems to go above and beyond and she treats her guest as if they were visiting her own home.
It's hard to describe her without seeing her in action, but when she tells you "if you need anything just call me" you know she takes that seriously and means it.
Though she was the only person I dealt with, the gentleman at the front desk was also just as friendly and helpful with his guests at check in, and took time to greet me and make sre everything was great anytime I passed through the lobby.
The room itself was good. A comfortable bed and a small couch I could have just as easily fell asleep on. It was well maintained and clean.
The only slight imperfection I saw was along the bottom of the outside of the shower and the bathroom baseboards. There were a few scuff marks or uncleaned areas. But these are things 90% of the guests won't notice, but could still be cleaned.
That and a little difficulty finding the entrance (Sage is a busy street near the Galleria, so the entrance sign could be overlooked).
My only other issue was early morning on the day of checkout. Normally when I plan to sleep in I'll put the do not disturb sign out, but failed to this time, thinking I'd be gone by 8 a.m. Instead I slpt in and housekeeping knocked close to 9 a.m. Just waking up I didn't answer the door and decided to snooze a bit more. At 9:15 a.m. they knocked again.I think a 15-20 minute window between knocks is a bit unnecessary.
I'm also not a fan of hotel parking fees, though I understand them...especially this close to the galleria. and other shopping venues.
But again, otherwise this hotel is great..
A couple of helpful hints for first-time guests: 1. The hotel has entrances on both Sage and Rice Street. Sage can be busy at times due to it running by the Galleria. Rice is more of a residential street and is often empty, so consider entering and exiting on it, especially on a busy shopping weekend. 2. The hotel is side by side to another hotel and both have parking garages. I hit the wrong garage coming back from dinner the first night, and saw at least one other person do the same.
My next trip to Houston, this will definitely be among my top choices of places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly-renovated! The Courtyard Houston Galleria hotel has completed a full renovation! With stylish rooms and a new onsite Bistro, our hotel is a top choice among Houston Galleria hotels. Just one block from the Galleria Mall, our hotel offers rooms with plush Marriott bedding, free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable. Our King Rooms have pullout sofas and our Suites have convenient microwaves and mini-fridges. Our redesigned lobby is equipped with comfy seating and interactive GoBoard(R) with the latest news, traffic and weather. The highlight of our lobby is the brand-new Bistro where we're serving up healthy breakfast options and Starbucks coffee. Stop by in the evening for our delicious dinner menu and full bar. We're a great choice for meetings with flexible event space, custom catering options and A/V technology. Our outstanding service and new amenities truly set us apart from other Houston Galleria hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Houston by The Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Galleria
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard