“Nice hotel with a few issues”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #148 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Bloomington, California
“Nice hotel with a few issues”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Many of us were coming into Houston to take our cruise the next day. La Quinta was great in that we just needed a room for the night, breakfast and the shuttle bus to the pier in the am. All of that was wonderful. A few comments were there was some mold in a friends bathroom but overall, the breakfast and everything was fine.
The major issue is the pickup at the airport. As everyone was coming in, the wait was very long to get picked up to come to the hotel. Waits were over 1/2 hr with many calls made that they were waiting. If the guy doesn't like his job, he should be fired. But the hotel is nice and a good value for the money. I would stay again, others wouldn't due to the driver.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Nancy T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Got it on Hotwire for 70 dollars/ tax included.
Pleasant surprise. Shuttle prompt and courteous. Breakfast more than adequate with hot eggs and ham. Room clean and modern. Hotel looks to have been recently remodeled.
My boys did not like the June bugs but hey, that is Texas in march

Stayed March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I only rated it average because of its price. Had they charged more I would have gone with poor. The 2nd floor hallway had fresh paint and new carpet, but when we opened the door to our room there was a strong musty smell. The bathroom looks like it hasn't been remodeled since 1981, causing me apprehension about taking a shower for fear of catching something. The breakfast was a jimmy dean sausage biscuit pack (like from walmart), and a waffle iron with a broken timer. Also, don't stay in this hotel if you have pet allergy's as there were lots of dogs barking and not on leash's from other guest.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R M
Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed there over the week due to we had to see our lawyer out there. Was not pleased with it. You could tell they had just painted because it still smelled like it. When we checked we had made reservations weeks in advanced but when we checked in the lady at the desk tells me oh let me see if we have any rooms available. I'm sorry I know it was super bowl Sunday but I had a reservation. I know people were stopping for the might so they could watch it but to tell me let me see if I have any rooms left was beyond belief to me. But needless to say yes they did and we got in. So after got to our room unpacked we went to dinner. Also I do have family out here so we went and saw them. So we come back and here in the lobby they have like 10 to 15 people just watching the game. I'm like if you have room here you need to be in there watching the game and screaming at the TV in your room. I'm sorry buy had I not checked in already that would have sent me to the hotel next door. So at breakfast we went down at 6:15 and that was like a little to late. The food was picked over already and breakfast started at 6. Was not too happy for that plus it being a Monday that really made me mad. I wanted to get a yogurt and they we all out. The woman who was working the area told me she would refill it when she could. I'm like it's the start of breakfast not the end. This was my fist and last time booking here. I am so staying with my normal hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ZWP112
winnipeg
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We recently spent a few nights here, pre and post cruise. The girls at the front desk are amazing, very helpful, and very pleasant. Great access to Hobby airport. Their shuttle to pick you up was very quick. Their cruise and stay package was awesome. The ride to the port was very quick and right on time, and picking you up after was great, we waited maybe 20 minutes to be picked up. The beds at the hotel were very comfy and the rooms are quite spacious. If your cruising out of Galveston, pick this hotel, you wouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bubbap
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Had a pleasant stay at this La Quinta. Check-in process was good, service was friendly, room was clean and comfortable. The hotel had everything I needed. Good location near Hobby airport, but as others said, there was no airport noise. Would stay at this location again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hulagirl9999
CountryInnHobby, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Houston Hobby Airport La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.
La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.
We will see you soon.
GM
La Quinta Houston Hobby Airport
Trout Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Another fine La Quinta Inn!! Yes, they were replacing the carpet in the hall on my floor but they did it quickly and quietly during the day when I was away. Very close to the airport but no plane noise. Make your own waffles for breakfast with an egg patty and sausage. Two-computer business center; easy free parking; very clean and up to standards.

Room Tip: Elevator service to 2nd & 3rd floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CountryInnHobby, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
We will see you soon.