“Bayport Shuttle” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #141 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Litchfield, IL
“Bayport Shuttle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

April 4th we arrived in Houston Hobby Airport. Had reservation at La Quinta @ Hobby. Called for shuttle, arrived 10 minutes. Check in easy, $79 for a king. Hotel advertised shuttle to Bayport for $199 plus tax including room. I waited till I arrived. Asked Marshawn , front desk , about shuttle. She gave me # to Shuttle driver Mateen, part owner(8373890568). Since wasn't booked through hotel he would pick us up $100 roundtrip for 2. I got 4 other guest to go. Asked him to take us to Walmart to ( he did) get soda ,suntan lotion, etc. Everyone happy. Got to pier by 11AM. Return picked up on schedule 9 AM. Took 2 guest to airport and us to hotel to kill 5 hours for our departure. Printed our tickets, searched internet then set by pool. 3 Pm took us to airport on time. Couldn't have been easier. Nice hotel, pool, breakfast OK, 5 minutes to Hobby. Rating #8, would stay again. Don't be afraid to ask for help, everyone friendly. Negative, no restaurants nearby. Hotel shuttle took me to get beer at Shell Station and Jack in Box 1/2 mile away. Dominios deliver Friday night. The whole experience was about as easy as we ever had from Airport- Hotel- Ship and back. This was our 9th cruise.

Room Tip: Ask front desk for any help, very friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joealan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am really disappointed to see this hotel is rated only 60% approval because I think it deserves far more than that. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I had a booking at a different hotel, but upon arrival, realized it was a total roach motel and had to leave immediately. I decided to throw caution to the wind and booked a Hotwire deal and La Quinta Hobby was the deal I received. I couldn't have been more relieved! The hotel is literally seconds from the airport which was perfect for my 6am flight. The entire hotel is renovated. The front desk staff was very, very nice and was able to give me accomodations when I asked her for something quiet. The lobby is very spacious and modern. They even had water and cookies out for arriving guests. The room itself was fabulous. It was very large and had a really comfortable king bed with some of the softest sheets I've slept in. The room was renovated with nice modern décor and was very clean. It had a desk and sitting area and a flat screen TV with Direct TV. The bathroom was really nice and clean as well and featured toiletries, an iron, and a blowdryer. My only complaint was the air conditioner was very loud, but I'm a very light sleeper as it is. In the morning, the lobby had a small but adequate breakfast. It had standard cold fare like cereal but also a create-your-own waffle station. Overall, if I were traveling again to Houston, I would book this hotel in a heartbeat. My only regret is that it wasn't the hotel I booked in the first place!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ebbie1081
Grand Terrace
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We spent the night at this hotel the night before we were to leave on a cruise. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Good beds. Breakfast was your typical fare for this kind of free breakfast hotel. The shuttle from the airport took over thirty minutes which was upsetting since you could see the airport from the hotel. Had to call twice to get them to the airport. The shuttle could not handle all the people coming to the hotel and they could have made better plans to transport the people, especially since it is only a couple of miles to the airport. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is nothing around the hotel in the way of restaurants or lounges so you will have to take a taxi if you don't have a car.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Bloomington, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Many of us were coming into Houston to take our cruise the next day. La Quinta was great in that we just needed a room for the night, breakfast and the shuttle bus to the pier in the am. All of that was wonderful. A few comments were there was some mold in a friends bathroom but overall, the breakfast and everything was fine.
The major issue is the pickup at the airport. As everyone was coming in, the wait was very long to get picked up to come to the hotel. Waits were over 1/2 hr with many calls made that they were waiting. If the guy doesn't like his job, he should be fired. But the hotel is nice and a good value for the money. I would stay again, others wouldn't due to the driver.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Nancy T
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Got it on Hotwire for 70 dollars/ tax included.
Pleasant surprise. Shuttle prompt and courteous. Breakfast more than adequate with hot eggs and ham. Room clean and modern. Hotel looks to have been recently remodeled.
My boys did not like the June bugs but hey, that is Texas in march

Stayed March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I only rated it average because of its price. Had they charged more I would have gone with poor. The 2nd floor hallway had fresh paint and new carpet, but when we opened the door to our room there was a strong musty smell. The bathroom looks like it hasn't been remodeled since 1981, causing me apprehension about taking a shower for fear of catching something. The breakfast was a jimmy dean sausage biscuit pack (like from walmart), and a waffle iron with a broken timer. Also, don't stay in this hotel if you have pet allergy's as there were lots of dogs barking and not on leash's from other guest.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R M
Belvidere, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed there over the week due to we had to see our lawyer out there. Was not pleased with it. You could tell they had just painted because it still smelled like it. When we checked we had made reservations weeks in advanced but when we checked in the lady at the desk tells me oh let me see if we have any rooms available. I'm sorry I know it was super bowl Sunday but I had a reservation. I know people were stopping for the might so they could watch it but to tell me let me see if I have any rooms left was beyond belief to me. But needless to say yes they did and we got in. So after got to our room unpacked we went to dinner. Also I do have family out here so we went and saw them. So we come back and here in the lobby they have like 10 to 15 people just watching the game. I'm like if you have room here you need to be in there watching the game and screaming at the TV in your room. I'm sorry buy had I not checked in already that would have sent me to the hotel next door. So at breakfast we went down at 6:15 and that was like a little to late. The food was picked over already and breakfast started at 6. Was not too happy for that plus it being a Monday that really made me mad. I wanted to get a yogurt and they we all out. The woman who was working the area told me she would refill it when she could. I'm like it's the start of breakfast not the end. This was my fist and last time booking here. I am so staying with my normal hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business