“Decent property”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #314 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is a decent property near George Bush Intercontinental Airport. The hotel is clean and staff was nice. The hotel is off the highway but set back a bit by the service road and another business road. The distance is about 3 miles from the airport, but quick and easy.

No frills, just decent clean stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

the front desk was very nice and polite. They were helpful in finding places we were looking for. the room was very spacious. the breakfast was hot and plentiful, better than what we have had at other locations. the only complaint we had was that the pool was not open because the door was jammed it was memorial day weekend sothat was a bummer. but wewill definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 18 May 2013

the basic services are just the ones offered by the hampton inns (free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, etc..) and the price is attractive but I must say they are not in the same league of the Hamptons
from the outside looks good and the lobby is good too but it has squeaky floors, old carpets, yellow bed sheets
however, for breakfast .... comfort suites 1 - hampton inn 0 and it has an outdoor pool
staff sounded like they HAD to stay there but would have loved being somewhere else

Room Tip: pick a room in the back to avoid the noise of the highway
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My family of 4 (2 adults, 4 y/o and 5 y/o) stayed at this hotel for 1 night before the Disney Cruise. We had a great experience with this hotel. When we arrived at 7:45 pm at IAH, I called the front desk and I was asked what terminal I was at and then the minivan (shuttle) was picking us up within 30 mins. It would be helpful if you find out what terminal you are at before you call the front desk. The hotel driver was courteous enough to drop by Subway to allow us to get a sandwich before getting to the hotel. We were even offered to get food from other restaurants nearby if we wish. At the hotel lobby dining area, we were able to eat there and we cleaned up the table afterward. The room and bathroom were clean and relatively new. There was complimentary internet service via wi-fi. In the morning, the complimentary breakfast was great. There were not a lot of variety but enough to choose from, but more importantly the food, juices, coffee and fruit were fresh. However, I wish there were more tables in the dining hall, as some travelers who came down late could not find the space to sit. After breakfast, we were on our way back to IAH, the minivan/shuttle was awaiting for us as we had given the departure time to front desk the night before. A different hotel driver drove us to the airport. He was polite and patient as there were road blocks at the terminals since the aftermath of the Boston marathon bombing. Eventually, we arrived at our airline terminal to check in. We did not have the bad experience with customer service that other reviewers had. It must have been rectified by the management. I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I didn't expect much from this hotel, however, I was very impressed. Check in was a breeze. The room was very clean feeling and looking. My only negative is that the comforter on the bed was seriously wrinkled. It looked like it had been balled up for a long time and then put on the bed. Also there was a medium size tare in the couch that looked like an attempt at mending it had happened. Furthermore, I was in room 104 which faces the front of the building. And the highway was audible. I will say that at night when traffic has died down you cant hear it as much. And after you've been there a couple days your ears don't even hear it. If you are sensitive to noise then request a room near the back of the hotel and on a top floor.

The room as well as the bathroom had cathedral ceilings which gave the room an even more spacious feel. However, it was hard to keep a constant temperature during our spring visit.

The fridge kept things only nominally cold, and I even turned it up as far as it would go. If you want to keep a drink cold then it will be fine. Left-overs would be questionable the next day though.

Breakfast was decent. It will do until you can get to lunch time and have a real meal. The pool area looked nice, however I didn't get a close up look.

There were free samples, at the front desk, of Axe hair products in a basket that no one brought to my attention. Had I not been generally nosy I would have never seen it. Management should bring it to guests attention at check in. The snack shop seemed to have basic necessities for purchase, and it met our needs while there.

My only negative that isn't the hotels fault is the location. It is on a weird one way street. Our GPS was completely useless. We learned how to get their from trial and error over several days.

While I nit-picked this hotel to death, I would highly recommend it to friends. I was more than pleased with my stay here and would stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the front of the hotel will hear highway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We had an extended layover and needed an inexpensive place to stay.

The staff was friendly, everything was like new. AC in the room, free wi-fi and cable, free breakfast (it was ok), free shuttle. $89 with AAA discount! Can't beat it.

They had rented a van because the shuttle had broken down. It was very nice.

We were very pleased with our stay. Not a 5 star hotel! But not out of the budget too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Where to begin! The hotel offers a free shuttle service. I called from the airport at 11:00 pm on a Saturday night. I was told the shuttle was broken down and that would we would have to take a taxi to the hotel. $20 later plus tip we were at the hotel. We checked in and were given key cards to our room- the first and second set of two cards did not work. I went back down to the desk for the third time and the fifth card failed to work as well. The front desk clerk then remembered that the previous guest had jammed their key in the lock and she guessed it didn't get fixed. They finally gave us another room. I asked if the shuttle was going to be fixed soon and they said it was fixed now, it just had a dead battery. I said great I just paid $25 ( fare + tip) for a taxi. They asked if I had a receipt--if so they would reimburse me. Of course I didn't, it would have been nice if the desk clerk had told me that I would be reimbursed for the taxi when I called about the shuttle. The room was ok but had a weird smell. The smoke detector was missing from the ceiling.

Breakfast- ok but not as much variety as other comfort suites. It is the little things -the waffle batter said regular and cinnamon - I made cinnamon-which was really strawberry. I asked the food service worker if the waffle mix was strawberry instead of cinnamon she said yes but didn't bother to change the sign.

We were going to stay here next week when we get back from our cruise but I have cancelled and made a reservation somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family