Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites
US$229
US$465
US$332
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$451
US$303
US$293
  • Pool
All reviewsno elevatorfront deskwestern hotelsfirst floorwestchase areasmall hotelthe breakfast areapool and hot tubsofa bedyogurtgreat place to stayeasy accesshotel stafffree breakfastnice staybusiness tripbw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I usually travel alone, but this time had a grown son with me so I wanted a spacious room in order that we could both spread out. Not only was it large, with a separate work area including a sofa bed that my son who lives in the area was considering using, but it was comfortable and clean. The hotel had a small but usable exercise room (son worked on the lat pull down machine and the treadmill, while I used the elliptical and the bike), pleasant looking pool (that we skipped this trip), and offered a tasty hot breakfast the next morning in a bright and roomy lounge area. Price was extremely reasonable for the quality. The only reason I'm avoiding the excellent rating was a somewhat loud air conditioner, but noises from other rooms and hallway were non-existent, so once I got used to the air conditioner's cycling on and off, I slept well. Would return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience at the Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites with others on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your business and your recommendation. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great hotel! Denise, Harise, and Daniel always greet you with a warm friendly smile! Paulette does an exceptional job at the breakfast bar! Very clean with excellent food and service with sincere friendliness that makes every guest feel welcomed and comfortable. A+++++

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Katherine C

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with others. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Wonderful atmosphere for having breakfast. Why do I say that? Typical environment, I'm stay at many of them before. People make that difference here though. From front staff to Paulette who handles the breakfast bar. Shame she won't share more than a few words as she takes care of things, Paulette. Keeps on working with that smile of hers. I've stayed at the Waldorf Astoria and didn't feel at home like I have here this morning.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience at the Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites with the rest of the world! We are grateful to have had you as our guest and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Arriving in Houston after a 10 hour flight, a nightmare on arrival (mislaid backpack with all money, passports etc inside), being held to ransom at the carhire and then trying to manoevre around Houston's main roads meant we were in a less than happy place on arriving at the hotel mid-afternoon on a roasting hot Friday in May. But all that was before Daniel put the smile back on our faces after my fiance sang (well, spoke) the first line of Eastbound and Down (our Texan roadtrip anthem to be!) only to have Daniel come back with the next line. Small things make a huge difference sometimes!
Our room was spacious, clean and blessedly cool after the 35 C heat blast that'd met us off the plane (having left 12 C and rain back home!). It's just a shame we didn't get more time in it, as we were heading out to watch the Astros in the evening - Daniel again going beyond the call of duty in advising us on how best to get there.
Breakfast next morning was continental with extras such as scrambled eggs, bacon, freshly made omelettes, plus waffles and what the Americans call biscuits and gravy (looks like scones and anaemic custard to us Brits, I must confess). Plenty to start the day on - and a nice touch that the lady preparing that hot food would come out and check to make sure we were enjoying her cooking!
We weren't overwhelmed with Houston, but this hotel was a great find - just wish we had had more reason to stay and enjoy its other amenities - pool, hot tub etc.

Room Tip: The staff really make this hotel stand out amongst its peers.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monkeyjoes

Thank you for taking the time to send such a considerate review of your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites. We look forward to providing you the same level of luxury service during your next visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I've been staying here on business, nearly weekly, for nearly a year. What has set it apart from long-term stays at other hotels (there have been many) is the staff. I've never known the names of Hotel Staff before, until now. Daniel or Harise is generally there when I check-in each night. Their good cheer makes it easy to put a cruddy day behind. They are that way with everyone. Paulette treats me with such warmth and welcome... "Have a wonderful and blessed day," she always says to me as I leave for work. Terrific. Same for Denise, who it seems should scarcely know my name, but does.

There's another, I think, shyer fellow, also good and professional. I don't know his name, but has always taken good care checking me in and setting up reservations for more stays.

On the whole, these folks have made the last year a little more pleasant than it otherwise might have been for a man on the road.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business