“Nice property, room and location......”

Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites
Ranked #104 of 508 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Coronado, California
“Nice property, room and location......”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We enjoyed our first stay at this hotel. Convenient to my meetings with lots of restaurant choices nearby. Clean and well equipped rooms. Quiet location even if it is just off Beltway 8 (set back from the feeder road). Nice wine and snacks offered at the daily Manager's reception and a good spread for breakfast. Internet speed was very good.

1 Thank Gene F
bwwgm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Gene F

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Whenever you are in Houston again, we will be available to give you the same service or better. Thanks again.

Boris Manriquez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel is in the western part of the city, so it will be a bit of a drive (say maybe 20-30 minutes) to get to most places of interest, but well worth it. Room was very clean and the front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast, but it looked pretty standard. Quiet area, seemed safe enough, and can't beat the price. Be careful in the shower though - our floor was very slippery and there aren't any of those traction pads or anything, don't know if that's a problem in every room, but just a heads up. Overall, a great deal and a pleasant stay - would definitely return.

1 Thank Cristal0505
Cristal0505,

Hello there, thanks for sharing your experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again one day, and rubber shower mats are available upon request. Thanks again.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We selected this hotel based on its location and the many good reviews. I realise now that most reviews focused on the level of service that staff provides. We don't care much for service, we get by on our own. We don't need directions or restaurant tips, as long as we have Internet. The only time we need front desk is at check in and check out, or if something's not working properly.

Having said this about service and anticipating our needs, let me point out something: this hotel does not have an elevator, which is in my opinion absolutely necessary if your property has more than one story. We had quite a few bags and having to carry them two sets of stairs was not pleasant. When we inquired about ground-level rooms, we were told "they fill up pretty quick" --Ya think? Now *service* would have been anticipating that we were not from the USA and we'd have lots of luggage (as most tourists usually do) and putting us in a ground level room in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, there are good points about this hotel: it's clean, well maintained, with big rooms, good-size bathrooms and comfortable beds. Wifi coverage is very good throughout. There's also plenty of room on the parking lot. However, there is some noise from the highway nearby, and the A/C is too noisy to run at night.

If this hotel had an elevator, this review would have been so much more positive.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for ground floor when making a reservation.
Essellanden,

Thanks for your review, we are in the planning stages of getting an elevator here. If you return to Houston, please know that we are here for you. We have some great things coming up at year's end.

Thanks,
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I chose this best western based on the reviews I read. I wanted to stay at the best western downtown since it was closer to the sites I wanted to visit, but I am definitely glad I went by these reviews. The place is very clean and spacious. It's definitely in a good spot too! Short drive from a street full of restaurants, shopping and more. Even right next to an Ihop which was not needed since the Breakfast at this hotel is very good! Overall a great experience staying at this hotel. Not to mention their friendly helpful staff! Daniel was very kind to print out directions to a couple restaurants and night clubs he recommended. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank honeyeyes27
Washington DC
Reviewed 23 May 2013

9 times out 10 I agree with the TA community on highly rated hotels. Not this one. Don't get me wrong. It is not bad. It is just not that great either. It is an old 3 story hotel off the highway that has gotten a surface makeover. The 32 inch TV is nice. The bed frame is modern. But other wise it is just an old 3 story hotel. They have central air. It was set to 80 degrees. So 80 degree air was coming into my room offsetting the wall AC unit in the room. I asked the front desk about it. They said they would get back to me and never did. For the money the room is probably is a better than average. But I'd prefer a newer construction 3 star hotel any day of the week.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 72worldtraveller
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We travel all over the US and even outside our borders and I can't say that I have ever come across a hotel staff nicer than this one! They were nice, polite, helpful, and interested in every way when it came to making our stay outstanding.

I called prior to our arrival because I was not sure exactly where I was going. Denise was so very nice and made me feel so assured that everything was going to be perfect upon our arrival. There was a mistake in the type of room they had in the reservation for us. No problem, give me 30-seconds and I'll take care of it. I wanted to be placed near another guest whom we were going to Houston to meet for an activity. No problem, they moved our assigned room and we were right next door.

The breakfast was very nice, especially considering that it was included in the room price.

The room itself is very large with two queen beds and a sofa. The internet was fast and easy to connect. The beds were comfortable and the pillows the most comfortable I have ever used.

Parking was free and plentiful!

Overall, when you consider the reasonable price this was a great find for a hotel in Houston. I'm going back to this part of town I certainly book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bandman
DeRidder, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Well this is our 3rd stay here and we look forward to it everytime! The front desk girl Anna (I hope I got that right) was especially sweet and went out of her way to help us. The room as always was clean and the pool was super fun. My kids loved that part the most! We will be back again when we come to Houston!

• Stayed May 2013