“A TRULY SELECT BEST WESTERN” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites
Ranked #83 of 501 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City
“A TRULY SELECT BEST WESTERN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had never gone to Texas before and booked this hotel because I am a best western rewards member. We were really surprised on how well taken care of this hotel is. The beds were really comfortable and our mini suite was pretty big. The staff was friendly. And the continental breakfast had great selection not to mention the best tasting sausages I have ever tasted at any best western before. The computer by the reception was really helpful. Thank you and keep up the courteous good service. God willing I see you next summer.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
bwwgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Arsenio15,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. We are pleased that you received a warm Texas welcome from our staff. When you return we will be right here offering the same service that you enjoyed. Thanks again!

Boris Manriques

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Flower Mound, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was traveling for business to a part of Houston I had never stayed and I came across this hotel while booking and noticed it was rated highly, but the price was very reasonable. I weighed the options and decided to take a gamble. I had a few negative experiences with Best Western years ago, so I was very leery. What a surprise! I arrived around 6, so I was able to take advantage of the evening wine and cheese spread which also included eggrolls. Granted, it was not a high dollar affair by any means, but I did not expect this at all. The hotel is not in an upscale area by any means, but it's not at all horrible. There are a couple of decent restaurants very close including an IHOP directly adjacent and a Red robin right around the corner. I did not make it to the IHOP because of the free hot breakfast, which was serve yourself cafeteria style, but everything was neat, clean, and the food was hot. There were several tables available when I dined at 9:00 am, as well as plenty of food. My room was clean and comfortable, and I slept very well. The only issue with this hotel is that it does not have an elevator. It is only 2 stories high, so it wasn't an issue for me, but if I had someone elderly like my mom with me, we would have had to request the first floor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Glen O,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your gamble paid off. Our staff takes pride in maintaining the hotel and we are happy that you took notice. We have a few updates coming soon that will make getting to the second floor easier. We hope to see you again.

Thanks,
Diboll, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I came to stay at this hotel because it was the closest to the conference center I attended. Upon arrival the clerk was very kind and greeted me with a smile and hello everytime I walked in. The departure was the same. The room was kept clean by the housekeeping. I would definitely stay again if I was ever to be in the area.

DesireeL

Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to review our property. We know that sometimes business trips are stressful and we truly aim to make every one of our guests feel like they are at home. Thanks again.

Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I read all the reviews before writing mine.....
Yes, the hotel doesnt have an elevator, so if you need, ask for a room on the first floor.
Yes, the hotel is not brand new, it looks more of a big mansion turned hotel, and so it needs a bit of repairs here and there.... But to us, those were silly and minor things when you think of the service...
And about the service: if anyone wants to learn about guest relations, please do come here. Every single one of the employees we interacted with, treated us as you would treat a guest in your home. We felt like this was their home and it has a homey feel to it. It was so nice to be a guest at this property,we didnt want to leave! Nough said!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you cant take the stairs ask for a room on thevfirst floor
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwwgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Lia H,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give a review on our property. We know that being away from home is hard whether it's for business or leisure so we strive to treat our guests as we would want to be treated, if we were to stay with them. Again, thank you for your review and whenever you are in Houston again we will be here.

bay area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was a very nice Best Western. Clean, good location, comfortable, good value. Daniel at the front desk was very helpful. Denise in the morning was also very nice and the manager, Boris, was also very helpful. Daniel arranged a taxi for us and helped us track down a lost/forgotten camera. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwwgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Stzi,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that we were able to reunite you with your forgotten camera. Whenever you are in town again, we will be here to provide you with the same great service.

Thanks Again,
Boris
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

My two grandchildren and I tagged along with my husband for this business trip, and my granddaughter summed it all up on the note she left at the nightstand (without any encouragement from me), "I love Best Western."

Rosa D,

We are always happy to hear that kids enjoy our property. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again, if you return to Houston.

San Antonio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I would NEVER return to this facility. The beds were so hard my hips and back were aching within seconds of laying down. It was worse than a Motel 6! I've slept on a lot of hotel beds, and this was the worst one EVER. My husband and I never slept a wink the entire night and had trouble functioning at our business event the next day. To top it off, I was 8 months pregnant!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

3 Thank Terri H
Terri H,

We appreciate your review and apologize that you did not sleep well here. We have Sealy Posterpedic Solar Platinum Firm mattresses and in the future we are going to look for toppers for our guests who prefer more of a plush feel. Again, thank you for your review.